The Induction app is currently used, loved and maintained by over 72,000 healthcare professionals per month all over the world. We also have the honour of being the most used app in the UK's National Health Service.
The Induction app's core features include:
- Compatibility with any hospital in any country in the world.
- View and share with other professionals the phone extensions and pager numbers for the hospital(s) where you work.
- If enabled, and uploaded by your hospital, view and download local guidelines, and store them for offline access.
- Quick dial hospital extensions directory from your phone, or just see who pages you by entering the extension into the quick dialler.
- Create your own private list of numbers, as well as any secure codes that you need in your day-to-day work (these are never shared with other users).
- Maintain a list of favourite numbers for easy access in emergencies.
- Quick switch between your favourite hospitals, if you unlucky enough to have to work in more than one!
- View the same data in the your app via our new fully responsive web application.
- Full offline compatibility.
- Create your own account to backup and personalise your data and experience.
- Data encryption to healthcare standards at both rest and in motion.
Fixed a crash some users were experiencing when searching the directory.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
As a medical student, moving round hospitals every 5 weeks means all the contacts and bleep numbers you have get wiped whenever you change.
Induction has been really useful for getting hold of people I need to find or even for ward rounds, helping out the doctors when they don’t know the numbers for departments/specialists. It’s so good for getting you out of a hole in a hurry when you’re in an unfamiliar hospital.
Would thoroughly recommend it for anybody in the clinical setting.
One of my most used apps
This app is fantastic - saves you having to go through switch for numbers (saves so much time) can answer bleeps directly from my phone, great when on call. Also the fact we can check ext’s and bleeps for other hospitals has helped so much when referring patients.
Was great, now less helpful
This app was really useful for a time - as a searchable directory of bleeps and extension numbers. Unfortunately since adding the messaging feature, the directory search is hobbled by showing all the results for people / other users at the top of the list; and the useful results below. So looking for “radiology” means scrolling past all the registered radiology trainees, consultants etc before reaching the information I actually want. Ditto for almost any other useful search string. I can’t believe this made it past UX testing. Sort it out.
- Podmedics Limited
- 81.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Induction Healthcare Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.