Turn your Mac into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your Kindle books with you, wherever you go.
Kindle books (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any Kindle book for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res colour images
• A customisable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page colour
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to Kindle books that may be available in your local library.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.co.uk/conditionsofuse). Please see our Privacy Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/privacynotice), our Cookies Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/cookies) and our Interest-Based Ads Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/interestbasedads).
Several experience improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
All books on the Kindle rather than just one.
I have had a Kindle for about 9 years- the ebook and the kindle fire. I had found it difficult holding and turning the pages of larger books, especially if reading in bed and am also partially - sighted so the fact you can increase the size of the text and use text to speech was very handy. I have always enjoyed reading- I was an English teacher- and find the Kindle handy to take out and about with me and especially on holiday rather than bulky books. They are also a boon to kids who have reading difficulties because the text etc can be tailored to suit them and of course they are ‘cooler’ than actual book, especially to boys, because they are in tablet form! When I downloaded the app to my iPhone, it was even more convenient and less weight to carry and I, literally, (pardon the pun), always had a book at my fingertips! I still haven’t mastered all the ways to use the app on my phone fully but will eventually. Despite my love of actual books, I would never go back voluntarily to them. My Kindles are too convenient and easy to use in all circumstances. I have recommended them to family members and friends as I think they are fantastic.
Been ‘Kindled’ since the beginning
To say I love reading is a vast understatement, the equivalent of saying I love breathing. For years I was reliant on Library books with the occasional new paperback. But as I grew older and had more ‘leisure’ both in time and money I began to buy books for myself when they were released. Which is fine but takes up space. Especially as I (like Oscar Wilde) believe that any book worth reading once is certainly worth reading again. So my home began to acquire the look of a small library. Then came Kindle. Quite small at first, not every book that I liked was available. But all the new ones were. And bit by bit older books started to be added that could only otherwise be re-read in tatty second-hand editions (libraries having long since stopped stocking any ‘old’ books in favour of PC new ones). It’s grown and expanded and I love it just as much. Even better, you don’t even need a dedicated device now, you can download a kindle app for free onto any device at all. Which means you’ve got something to read wherever you are, whenever you need it. I can only say if you haven’t already, try it NOW
Export does not work
There is a feature of the app to allow highlighted text and bookmarks, in a kindle you are reading, to be saved in a part of the app called 'Notebook', and that all works well. However, here is the problem - there is a function in the Notebook page to allow the user to Export the Notebook. However this functionality does not work. It goes so far and then puts up an error message to say, effectively, you need to add an email address. But there is no place to input an email address and the functionality comes to a dead end and simply doesn't work. Not one of your staff was willing to say they did not know how to solve the problem, or say, simply that this functionality doesn't work. They also, when taking the call did not read and understand from the call history what prior associates had already tried, and so they repeated the same suggestions. Matthew was particularly a poor associate. This whole call was a very bad experience and I could sense the incompetence of the staff to deal with my call. I sent a screen shot of the "Email Account Not Set Up" message which clearly shows the problem and is the best place for your developers to start if they want to try and correct this dead end. I hope from my response that your staff can be helped to improve their support and that reading the call history may be used to show how not to answer a support chat.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 92.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2009-2023 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- 770 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) £9.99
- 368 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) £4.99
- 140 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) £1.99
- 368 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) £2.99
- 770 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) £6.99
- 140 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) £0.99