Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile looper that totally reinvents the formula. As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Record and loop live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
- Robust MIDI clock receive and send, and support for Ableton Link.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or https://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
Fixed black grid lines on background on iOS 16
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant practice tool for long pieces too!
I love Loopy. I play trombone which is a bit of a weird one to play on your own, not so much fun in lockdown. But with Loopy I can play a whole quartet by myself, adjusting balance, re recording a not so good part, and all the time got the metronome in my headphones without it messing up the recording. And I can work on playing really well in time and in tune with myself, listening to the results to check how I’m doing, and end up with a finished piece I’m proud of. It’s very quick and easy to control so doesn’t distract from the music. Just touch a circle and you’re away. And the sound quality is great. You can adjust the reverb to taste. The only thing is i would have liked to share it with my friends more. It’s on Apple devices only. And what works on my device doesn’t always work on theirs . So I’ve ended up writing them a set of general instructions for using Loopy to record long multi part pieces, which covers various states their Loopy may be in.
I always return
It’s really quite ridiculous how good and rock solid this app is. I’ve had it for years and it’s always been the case. Plays very well with my audio and midi devices as well as Audiobus and AUM which is just what I need.
I buy other loopers from time to time and I always come back as this just works and does everything a bit better than the rest.
The only thing I would like to be able to do that I can’t is name or label the individual loops for when I export them but it’s not a big deal as it’s easily done outside the app.
A great but sometimes unreliable tool.
Well I have been using Loopy for a few years and it is a fantastic tool for getting quick ideas BUT of late I am finding that tracks randomly play out of sync with the rest even though they were all made at the same tempo and saved in perfect time. So sometimes they play in sync, sometimes they don’t. Unless this is fixed it is unstable for any live work. Shame as it’s my main go to for getting ideas down. A very creative tool. I am sure with future updates it will be great.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear that! If you'd like some help, please email me at email@example.com so we can do some investigation. I'd much rather solve the issue!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- A Tasty Pixel
- 27.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.