As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Record and loop live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
- Robust MIDI clock receive and send, and support for Ableton Link.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or https://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
- Fixed time signature changes while in a Link session
- Updated Japanese localisation
- Updated Italian localisation
Ratings and Reviews
A great but sometimes unreliable tool.
Well I have been using Loopy for a few years and it is a fantastic tool for getting quick ideas BUT of late I am finding that tracks randomly play out of sync with the rest even though they were all made at the same tempo and saved in perfect time. So sometimes they play in sync, sometimes they don’t. Unless this is fixed it is unstable for any live work. Shame as it’s my main go to for getting ideas down. A very creative tool. I am sure with future updates it will be great.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear that! If you'd like some help, please email me at email@example.com so we can do some investigation. I'd much rather solve the issue!
Once mastered this app will let you become immersed in a world of music created entirely with loops. For me I only use my voice to create songs and it’s great for getting an idea for what to do on the pro loop station. I can sit by the river in York creating then go home and re create on the rc505. So handy and highly recommended. Oh you can also use Audiobus and mix garage band and many more together with it to create masterpieces.
Developer Response ,
Quick, Intuitive and, most importantly, Fun
After a few years of trying a variety of apps, this is a gem I keep returning to. I have found it to be an incredibly quick and portable way to “jot down” musical ideas and thoughts as they come to me. Thanks for taking the time to make and maintain it!
Developer Response ,
- A Tasty Pixel
- 26 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.