Lower My Drinking will give you the expert advice and scientifically-proven tools you need to reduce your drinking to the recommended limit of 14 units a week or less.
Lower My Drinking will guide you to set your drinking goal. Then it will help you achieve this by guiding you to:
• Track your progress towards your drinking goal
• Recognise all the gains you will make by cutting down
• Focus on what is really motivating you to reduce your drinking
• See how your drinking compares to the rest of the population
As well as this, Lower My Drinking will show you the issues that could potentially cause you to drink more than is healthy for you and give you a set of proven skills you can use to address these.
Specifically, these skills will allow you to:
• Change how you think about alcohol and the role it plays in your life
• Anticipate situations that may tempt you to drink too much, and plan how you will limit your drinking when you get there
• Stay calm and relaxed in any situation without having a drink
• Replace drinking in your daily routine with positive activities that will make you feel good
• Manage any impulses to drink at the wrong time or in the wrong place by using a mindfulness technique
• Improve your lifestyle and boost your overall physical and emotional wellbeing
Lower My Drinking has been designed by clinical psychologists and behavioural scientists to help you reduce your drinking to a safer level. Get started today so you can get healthier and feel better!
This app has been subjected to independent user testing which has resulted in several improvements being made to it.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE: Lower My Drinking is ONLY available to people with a postcode in an area of the UK in which it has been commissioned by a Local Authority, Clinical Commissioning Group or NHS Trust.
To find out if Lower My Drinking has been commissioned in your area, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If it is not yet available where you live, you can find your local alcohol support services here: https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/Alcohol-addiction/LocationSearch/1805.
Ratings and Reviews
Poor user experience , no helpful advice
As others have said, the app is not user friendly and frustrating to use. It doesn’t seem to offer any practical suggestions. Given that it asks to track location and personal data I was hoping for more advice that would be related to me. With more guidance, the tools in the app might make a helpful lifestyle change.
Terrible user experience
Poor user experience. A good app doesn’t need instructions on how to use it. Some pages made no sense at all, and there weren’t any buttons to enter info. Deleted it after I trialled it. The iPhone’s own nav covered the app’s navigation so it doesn’t look like any user testing has taken place before launching it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Breaking Free Online Limited
- 61.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- All content © Breaking Free Online Limited 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.