My Quit Route will give you the expert advice and scientifically-proven tools you need to quit smoking for good.
You can use it either on its own or in combination with Nicotine Replacement Therapy (such as patches, gums, sprays or lozenges), stop smoking medications (such as Champix or Zyban) or e-cigarettes.
First, My Quit Route will guide you to set your quit date. Then it will prepare you for this date by helping you to:
• Change how you think about smoking so you won’t feel deprived when you stop
• Recognise all the gains you will make by quitting, and the dangers you will avoid
• Focus on what is really motivating you to go smoke-free
• Learn how to avoid weight gain when you no longer smoke
• Consider what other support options are available to you
Once you’ve reached your quit date, My Quit Route will help you stay smoke-free for the long term. It will show you the issues that could potentially cause you to lapse and give you a set of proven skills you can use to address these.
Specifically, these skills will allow you to:
• Anticipate situations that may tempt you to smoke, and plan how you will cope without smoking when you get there
• Stay calm and relaxed in any situation without smoking
• Replace smoking in your daily routine, including any ‘special cigarettes’, with positive activities that will make you feel good
• Understand the true nature of nicotine cravings and use a powerful mindfulness technique to ride them out
• Recognise and challenge thoughts that could lead you to feel anxious or low unnecessarily
• Improve your lifestyle and boost your overall physical and emotional wellbeing
My Quit Route has been designed by clinical psychologists and behavioural scientists to support you at every stage of your quit journey. So get started today and live your life smoke-free!
This app has been subjected to independent user testing which has resulted in several improvements being made to it.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE: My Quit Route is ONLY available to people with a postcode in an area of the UK in which it has been commissioned by a Local Authority, Clinical Commissioning Group or NHS Trust.
To find out if My Quit Route has been commissioned in your area, please contact us at email@example.com.
If it is not yet available where you live, you can find your local stop smoking services here: https://www.nhs.uk/smokefree/help-and-advice/local-support-services-helplines
Launch screen color change and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best stop smoking app
This should be given to everybody to quit. I got lots of help but this has made the difference as I am motivated but keep end up smoking but this time I’ve actually done it and this app has loads in it to keep me occupied like learning skills that helped me. The videos are the best bit. Wish I’d had this ages agai as I’d have managed to quit ages ago!
I like it so far, set the date. Now, let’s the process begin. Like the explanations along the registration steps.
Wasn’t very helpful to me
To be clear I didn’t benefit from this app in any way but that doesn’t mean it’s not good for you.
First off I was referred by my stop smoking specialist to download and use this app. During registration it wouldn’t accept my postcode and in the end I was given a postcode a few weeks later that would be acceptable. What I don’t get is how the app uses the post code - it doesn’t! So it’s a pointless verification step. When I did get it working I had already started my Champix course by then and had stopped smoking by day 5. This app wouldn’t allow me to adjust it to the correct day since it takes the registration date as day 1. So already the results are inaccurate and further more when adding the value of how much cigarettes were costing me it wouldn’t allow to input the exact figure so again how much I was saving was inaccurate. Following this I found this app rather frustrating and annoying which would normally trigger me to smoke but luckily Champix has done wonders. I hope the developers can improve this app as I can see the potential but for me it’s a 1 star.
- Breaking Free Online Limited
- 75.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- All content © Breaking Free Online Limited 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.