Designed for iPad
MELCloud is the new generation of Cloud based control for Mitsubishi Electric Air Conditioning, Heating and Heat Recovery Ventilation products. MELCloud provides users with effortless control of their devices whether they are out or are just lying on their sofa at home.
MELCloud provides Live Controls, Scenes, Weekly and Seasonal Timers providing complete flexibility for controlling several Mitsubishi Electric Air Conditioning, Heating or Heat Recovery Ventilation systems from a single device or location.
Logging and Error notification is also possible from both local and remote systems when they are connected to MELCloud.
Localised information such as Weather Feeds and Customer Support contact details are also provided by the MELCloud application.
The application is optimised and will automatically detect screen size and resize to fit your phones screen and resolution giving you full control and access on your smartphone screen.
The MELCloud Service is available throughout Europe, and the application has been designed with the majority of European languages supported at release with further language support planned in future releases.
An official Mitsubishi Electric Wi-Fi Interface will be required to connect each Air Conditioning indoor unit, Heating system or Heat Recovery Ventilation system to MELCloud.
Minor improvements and updates
Ratings and Reviews
Good data, poor app
As many other reviewers have pointed out, the app is incredibly frustrating. With an Ecodan air source heat pump, you’re able to see the temperatures in multiple parts of the system in the app. However, it’s near impossible to analyse what’s going on. For example, the axis scales are fixed, with no option to zoom in or out. Often the vertical scale range is so large that you can’t see any temporal trends. You’re only able to view sub-hourly data in one hour fixed intervals (why!?). There is no option to query individual data points in a plot, or view tabulated values, or even current values for all parameters being logged. The list could go on. The app really seems like a token effort, and it doesn’t seem like it would take much to vastly improve it.
Stable but limited
1. The app works and seems stable.
2. There is some good information available in the module view and reports.
3. Setting changes made on the app reflect on the system.
4. You can make many changes to the system settings from the app.
1. System changes need to be checked to ensure the changes have been accepted by system.
2. Reporting should have all temp settings in one report - flow, return, room temp, outside temp and be able to be viewed within the jour period, hourly, 7 days etc. otherwise it requires moving between reports to get all temp data - suboptimal.
3. Module view on an iPhone - the back and refresh buttons are so close to the swipe line that often in accessible (out at the top of the module view perhaps?)
4. The app is not that intuitive until you have learnt your way around the system, then it makes sense but is clunky. Ideally having better define and easier access to key settings would be preferable.
1. A report that assessed current settings compared to an optimum configuration would be ideal. Think how Mitsubishi would benefit if it assessed individual / regional / global ecodan data and could provide a suggested ideal, energy efficient optimum configuration (including the potential energy that could be saved), that a user could simply tailor based on their local situation / needs?
2. Needs to be compatible with all ‘now’ standard smart interfaces (HomeKit, Alexa etc etc)
Setting of timer controls are hard and do not change as they should. For example heating to 17 degrees from 22:00. Yet at 22:30 heating still trying to get to 20 degrees! Have to use manual overrides currently from app - which do work.
Thank you for your recent response- bear in mind I paid £11k for the system and the £150 for the WiFi module/app.
The app is pretty much useless, (I will contact you through as requested but for others buying the system.)
The heat-pump is AWESOME but do not spend the extra on the WiFi module. The app is appalling and not of the same quality as the heating system (thankfully).
- Highly non-intuitive interface,
- The system must be connected to WiFi at all times or your heating will fail,
- No geo-fencing for switch on/off,
- Reporting that doesn’t remember any settings,
- The app is designed for industrial use, you have to tell it at every step that you want information from a particular unit. I mean how many heat pumps does one house have?
- App not updates for years and I mean updates that add functionality or address issues not just keep it compatible with the App Store.
Developer Response ,
Firstly, thank you for taking time to provide your feedback on our App this is genuinely appreciated here and we do look at all feedback and action where possible.
Please can you advise if you are still having a problem with timer not working, if possible please can you use the "Contact Us" option in the Support section within the App and provide your contact details and one of our support team we be in contact to assist you.
If you have any other issues or questions please use "Contact Us" option in the App as this is monitored and you will always get a faster response.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V.
- 10.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V.