Introducing the brand new My London app.
Its slick, clean interface comes with a raft of state of the art features and it's completely FREE.
Get the very latest from west London with news and sport headlines around the clock, plus essential guides for things to do around your area. Completely customisable, the My London app allows you to tailor what news you consume, and when.
It's simply the best way to follow breaking news from west London, including live blogs and video.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories
· Football and sport news
· Traffic & travel
· West London event listings and What's On guides
· Chelsea, Fulham, QPR and Brentford coverage, plus much more!
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• Split screen view is supported on all compatible iPads
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
• Bookmark and article for reading later, and have them synced to your other iOS devices.
This one is a big release! Not only are we back with new features, but we fixed some annoying bugs too, here are the highlights:
Discover is under going a make over, and in this release sees the first of some new UI changes. Your followed authors and tags are displayed in a whole new way to make discovering new articles even easier. This is just the first step in a bunch of updates that we have coming for Discover in future.
We have also fixed a bunch of bugs including one for iPad, which puts the close icon back in its rightful place after it went walk about. Also you can no longer include spaces in your Display Name for commenting, and we have fixed a bunch of other smaller UI and code bugs to give this release its well earned 8.2 release number.
Ratings and Reviews
Instead of calling it My London News
You should call it Your London Alarms /s
Maybe I installed the app at a bad time. The notifications (by default settings) I received since I installed the app were: man stabbed people, people got stabbed, areas where you likely get mugged, train casualties, tube casualties, taxi crashes, police here, ambulance there...
I did discover this app because of a recent tube accident, maybe I’m indeed your target audience, but...
Let’s just say, god bless London...
Overall I like the app, especially the live updates for a single local event. Thanks to the reporters, I know more details than my friend who was at the scene, I’m feeling very well informed. Hopefully the info was accurate because I have no where to verify.
Things I’d like to see in the app:
- More login options. Twitter, Apple ID, etc.
- A section listing all live news instead of mixing with other stories.
- Pay to remove ads.
- Keywords based topics, instead of pre-defined topics. Or simply a search function.
- A chatroom?
RACISTS, FACIST BIGOTRY COMMENTS NEVER VETTED
I am extremely aggrieved by the amount of racists, fascists, homophobic and general derogatory bigotry comments, left by people but namely some “usual” suspects. This alone makes me not want to use the app. Not because people are voicing their opinions, of course that is not the problem here, everyone is entitled to their opinion and for some their opinions just so happen to be right winged. However what I’m angry about is My London do not vet the comments or do anything about it. There does not seem to be a way of reporting comments either. It also seems they do not respond to any of these app reviews. It not acceptable, or nice to read comments about the death of someone, a murder, an accident, someone living in poor accommodation etc & see comments alluding to and mocking their race and gender, very crudely. Either My London do something or they get reported for not doing soo. Very very bad indeed.
Très bonne application
I love this app, it’s very simple and very interesting. I think to be improve would be less crime report and more journalism of new things business, ideas , innovations. Something that will elevate the information and not just overwhelmingly tragic. It looks like london is crime on crime. More « positive » news (developments toward the city) would be great.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 91.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd 2017