The Chronicle Live app has been redesigned from the ground-up. Its slick, clean interface comes with a raft of state of the art features, but is still completely FREE.
Get the very latest news from Newcastle, the North East & around the globe, celebrity gossip, business and sport 24/7. Keep up to date with your football matches & transfers and find out what's on in your area.
Completely customisable, the Chronicle Live App allows you to tailor what news you consume and when. You can even follow your Newcastle football team to keep informed of the latest news on your favourite club, whether it be Newcastle FC or Sunderland AFC.
The Chronicle Live app is the best way to follow breaking Newcastle and North East news, including live blogs and live video.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories from Newcastle and the North East
· Breaking UK and world news
· Football and Sport news
· Newcastle FC and Sunderland AFC coverage
· Celebrity news
· North East event listings and What's On guides
· North East restaurant guides and reviews
· TV & Film news and reviews
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
This release has a lot of under the hood changes, mainly fixing stability issues a small number of users were seeing. You will also notice some UI tidying here and there around accessibility, fonts and other components in the app. We have added a new comments section to the footer, to make it easier to jump right into comments at the end of an article.
Also, on the commenting front, we know a lot of you have issues with the current version, but please bear with us, we are going to be bringing a whole new native experience very soon. It’s a huge task but we are closing in now on a launch, so keep an eye out for future updates.
Ratings and Reviews
How do you delete people’s comments after you have read them and no longer want them on your phone ? Pretty frustrating when you can’t delete
Why can’t you fix the amount of scrolling you have to do every time you read an article it goes back to the beginning and you have to scroll back down to find out where you were last, it’s truly annoying to
Stories won’t load, all I get is a white, blank space, what has happened ?
Unfit for purpose
Where to start!? Clicking on a banner takes you to the headline of an article, no actual article, or anything other than adverts. Once one has opened between 2 and 4 articles the app doesn’t respond when clicking on another one. The app has to be closed and reopened. Frequently, articles which have been published do not appear in the app. Or they appear then rapidly disappear, no amount of refreshing or closing and reopening the app seems to make any difference. The comments need to be monitored properly. There is a myriad of problems relating to the deletion of comments, posting issues, replies. The app is probably a bigger embarrassment than the publication itself. Which in itself is an undesirably achievement.
I enjoy the local news apart from the NUFC section which daily invents headlines in relation to the takeover. Headlines such as ‘Owners not fazed by Qatari objection’, where does this come from as the owners have never said anything, this is pure fantasy. Last week we had Pochettino in the frame for manager and to back this up Ossie Ardilles is asked if he knows anything. He says he knows nothing and even if he did he wouldn’t say anything. This is newsworthy? Today the Pochettino story is old hat so the new headline is that Rafa is on his way back. To quote from an excellent article in The Mag this reporting is nothing short of shameless
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 55.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Trinity Mirror 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.