The Chronicle Live app has been redesigned from the ground-up. Its slick, clean interface comes with a raft of state of the art features, but is still completely FREE.
Get the very latest news from Newcastle, the North East & around the globe, celebrity gossip, business and sport 24/7. Keep up to date with your football matches & transfers and find out what's on in your area.
Completely customisable, the Chronicle Live App allows you to tailor what news you consume and when. You can even follow your Newcastle football team to keep informed of the latest news on your favourite club, whether it be Newcastle FC or Sunderland AFC.
The Chronicle Live app is the best way to follow breaking Newcastle and North East news, including live blogs and live video.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories from Newcastle and the North East
· Breaking UK and world news
· Football and Sport news
· Newcastle FC and Sunderland AFC coverage
· Celebrity news
· North East event listings and What's On guides
· North East restaurant guides and reviews
· TV & Film news and reviews
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
This update is all about fixing things, our little elves have been busy behind the scenes sorting out a lot of things that were wonky.
• Dark Mode will now respond no matter where you are in the app - because, well it should do - our bad.
• Have you been in an article and seen content jumping up and down? No... okay well you won't now either.
• Lots of minor fixes here and there, too many to mention and mostly only the developers understand.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
How do you delete people’s comments after you have read them and no longer want them on your phone ? Pretty frustrating when you can’t delete
Why can’t you fix the amount of scrolling you have to do every time you read an article it goes back to the beginning and you have to scroll back down to find out where you were last, it’s truly annoying to
Stories won’t load, all I get is a white, blank space, what has happened ?
Unfit for purpose
Where to start!? Clicking on a banner takes you to the headline of an article, no actual article, or anything other than adverts. Once one has opened between 2 and 4 articles the app doesn’t respond when clicking on another one. The app has to be closed and reopened. Frequently, articles which have been published do not appear in the app. Or they appear then rapidly disappear, no amount of refreshing or closing and reopening the app seems to make any difference. The comments need to be monitored properly. There is a myriad of problems relating to the deletion of comments, posting issues, replies. The app is probably a bigger embarrassment than the publication itself. Which in itself is an undesirably achievement.
It is what it is!
In reply to ‘Awful’ if you don’t like the app, don’t use it - find something else! News is what it is at the time of receiving!
I love my Chronicle App! Very useful! Traffic and travel great! News items are what they are, news items, as is the celebrity news etc. If you don’t like the articles simple, don’t continue reading them. Pick out what you want or feel you need to know.
From me, well done Chronicle Live - typo’s, warts and all - that’s life!!
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 78.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Trinity Mirror 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.