Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using Numbers for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text and images using beautiful preset styles
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
•Greatly improved accuracy using the enhanced 128-bit calculation engine.
•Style your text by filling it with gradients or images, or by applying new outline styles.
•Create links from text to other sheets in a spreadsheet.
•Add rows to filtered tables.
•Use new chart editing capabilities to change the style of individual series, adjust spacing between columns, add trendlines and more.
•Adjust the appearance of cell borders in tables.
•Place images, shapes and equations inline in text boxes so they move with text.
•Using face detection, subjects in photos are intelligently positioned in placeholders and objects.
•Choose whether Apple Pencil is used for drawing or to select and scroll — or toggle between these options via double tap using a supported Apple Pencil.
•Customise lists by choosing from new bullet types, changing the size and colour of bullets, creating custom bullets, adjusting indentation levels and more.
•Choose Learn Spelling to add a word to the spelling dictionary.
Ratings and Reviews
Numbers is really rather good, it is excellent on a Mac. The iOS version has the functionality but inevitably it is going to be harder to use on an iPhone than on a laptop or desktop.
The iPad version presents you with an unfamiliar interface compared to a desktop spreadsheet but once you take time to learn how to use it, it’s great.
I missed the categories feature of the prior Mac versions which were a brilliant alternative to pivot tables, whilst that has not returned the improved sort functions are very versatile and easy to use.
Whilst I have large financial models using multi cell array formulas in Excel, I have found that with a bit of thought and digging deep the function set on Numbers is very powerful indeed.
Numbers has the feature of multiple tables per sheet as it’s normal method of operation and it’s integration with the Mac world means that I have moved all my financial modelling to numbers and it’s good and I find easier to use and can display information in a clearer fashion.
There is little that Numbers cannot do if you dig deep into the function set and use a little imagination, accordingly I will let office 365 go when the current annual subscription dies.
I am confident that we will see further improvements in functionality that keep its inherent simplicity and accessibility to newcomers and then I will give five stars !
Update - yes, we have the number keyboard back, but the guts of my review remain - it's still SO clunky to use for formulas, dates, single tap to action in a cell...I've added one star for the return of the number keyboard. Please try harder!
Another update - still a poor experience for me as a long time user. Time to change to another app, I think.
Just to echo the other reviews, this update has made data entry a complete and total ball ache. What was one tap (with some adjustment if required) on a date field, is now a convoluted hit and miss mix of guesswork and luck.
Single tap in a cell and start typing to replace the content (currency entry) now no longer works and I have to delete the contents of the cell before I can type a new value in. Just adds time it takes to edit data. Why? All the 'cell appropriate' keyboards have now gone and every cell gets a qwerty entry with extra taps to open a sub menu for options. Seriously, who sat down and thought this was great UX?
I can only hope that Apple do something VERY quickly to put things back how they were, or they will lose a user to Excel. At this stage I will suffer the single conversion of my spreadsheets in order to get the UX I was used to.
Such a shame. Massive fail, Apple.
Bring back Apple Pencil support
The latest update has removed the ability to use the Pencil for navigation and only allows drawing. I don’t know why you’d want to draw on a spreadsheet but at least give the option to turn it off. There’s probably more people out there who want to use the pencil for navigation and selecting cells rather than draw. The pencil is a powerful tool Apple, please don’t just force us to use it for drawing and nothing else. For the iPad Pro to be a true desktop replacement a precision pointing tool is needed and that is what the pencil provides. Don’t go back on your steps when you attempted the same with iOS 9.3 to remove navigation. Why is the pencil only supposed to be used for drawing? It’s capable of so much more and makes the iPad Pro far more easier and comfortable to use when using it for navigation. Please bring back support and give the option to disable drawing as I don’t think anyone will need to use the drawing tools more than navigation.
- Apple Distribution International
- 495.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.