All your children's school information, at your fingertips!
Keeping track of school activities, endless forms to complete, kit and materials to source, clubs to attend, things to pay for…
When it comes to your children’s education, there’s so much to keep track of! ParentMail brings all your school information together in one simple, convenient application! Whether you have one child or more at multiple schools, from just one account you can manage school communications, make payments, book appointments and more.
Sounds too good to be true? There’s more! From the App, you can -
- Receive messages from the schools, clubs or nurseries your children attend
- Easily pay for items using your preferred payment method
- Top-up your child’s dinner money online
- Authorise attendance for trips and events
- Complete dinner booking forms in minutes
- Keep up-to-date with the school calendar
- View and organise calendars for each of your children
…and much, much more.
Enhancements and improvements to the App –
- Updated interface, ensuring an easier user experience
- Ability to add events to your device calendar
- Notifications now link directly to the item within the App
- A new ‘Unread’ section, providing easy access to all items you are yet to read
- A new ‘Select All’ function, making it easy to select items in bulk
- The application now supports Landscape.
Other things you need to know -
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Network charges may apply (please check with your network provider).
Parents can now engage with any data change requests from within the app as opposed to through email notifications
Some security enhancements
Includes a few other minor bug fixes and enhancements to the Password Reset feature, Notifications and Online Forms
Ratings and Reviews
Frustrating niggles make the app annoying.
If the school offers parents evening on 2 dates and you book an appointment on one date it constantly shows a notification that you need to book an appointment. The app thinks you need an appointment on both dates. The constant notification is annoying. Other reviewers have commented this is the same for forms that you don't need to respond to because you aren't taking up the event offered. Even if you move the item to the archive the notification persists.
The second frustration is that despite having the app and having push notifications there is no way to turn off emails or SMS. Consequently I get a summary email everyday that something has been sent to the app - even though I have read it in the app. I get an SMS and this is then duplicated in the app as a new notification.
ParentMail need to sort it out so that items in the archive don't generate notifications and have a way to turn off emails and SMS if you are receiving push notifications from the app.
Developer Response ,
Hello Daniel. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the suggestions and the improvements for the App. We will look into these and forward the suggestions to consider in the future.
Useful but awkward interface
Overall this app has been useful for things such as receiving communications, paying for things. However a few things that annoy me…
1. There is no way to forward/share or even copy/paste from an email inside the app. This is important as sometimes things that affect our children are only sent via ParentMail and I want to forward the details to them.
2. Paying for things is confusing as there are three separate sections of things to buy and not always obvious which one to look at. Accounts, Payments and Payments->shop. Not sure why these can’t all be on one page.
3. I can find no “make a suggestion or report a bug” feature either in the app or on the support website, which is why I am writing these things in a review.
Overdue Items Payments’s
Update - thank you for your response but let me correct you. The school may be in full control of how things are presented on the app but on this occasion the items certainly were not marked as compulsory as you suggest. I will make my point again parents should have the ability to remove what is irrelevant to them. Please note I thanked you for your response rather than the abrupt “hello” from you.
When school invite you to pay for something such as a trip, locker rental or similar the payment requests show in the To Pay / Payments tab. If you do not wish to pay for the said opportunities they remain in the tab as Overdue and there’s no option for the parent to delete. Not being able to remove these messages feels like a bullying tactic to me trying force parents to pay for things that they simply don’t want or can’t afford. If you read back through the reviews you will see that this was bought to ParentMail’s attention 3 years ago yet nothing has been done. Ultimately the parent should have more control of what’s displayed on the app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. The only items which never leave the Overdue area are Compulsory Payment items. Payment Items that have been given a Due Date will appear if unpaid and disappear when they run past the Due Date. Please contact your school if you have questions or concerns over how they are categorising their payment items.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 123Comms Ltd
- 29.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © IRIS Software Group Ltd