Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 14 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Use layers to isolate and blend elements of your painting
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, and many other popular formats
• Import HEIF images
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images in iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 14
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 14. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.
Pixelmator 2.6.3 brings one new keyboard shortcut and a few fixes.
• You can now select the Clone tool by pressing the O key.
• When exporting images with transparency to PNG, their transparency would not be preserved. Fixed.
• In certain cases, a flattened version of incompatible Pixelmator files would be opened automatically without explaining why they were incompatible. Fixed.
• Sometimes, certain brushes would not appear in the brushes browser. Fixed.
• Undoing edits using keyboard shortcuts while using the selection tools would cause the redo stack to be cleared. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator in general? Let us know at email@example.com!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls and completely customisable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Decent editor,lacks features
Overall a good photo editor at a reasonable price. On the surface you appear to have very limited tools but play around with it for a while and you’ll find you can actually achieve some really decent results. Having said that, it’d be nice to see a few more features into the app, especially with so much competition from other editors on the market. I’d like to see more filters and presets introduced as the ones included are very basic and not much better than iPhone stock photos. Also I think for an app advertising itself as desktop grade editing, a denoise tool is essential. Hopefully these things will come in future updates.
Very powerfull image editor, with some minor flaws.
This is by far one of the best image editors I have used. It does however have a little room for improvement.
The tools are very intuitive and simple to use, but with enough complexity to make them capable of most tasks.
The touch up tools are so good, compared to other apps I have used, and I particularly like the colour adjustment, with rgb histograms and in-image curves, you can get very precise results.
With regards to flaws, most notable for me is the location of the undo button. There are two buttons in the top left corner: Image - which takes you to your save location to select which image to work on (in doing so, it automatically saves your current picture), and undo.
In effect the save button is right next to the undo button! This has led to more than one occasion (admittedly due to my own bad aim) where I have effectively lost my work, and had to start again. This could be easily avoided by simply moving the undo button.
With an update or two, this should be an easy 5 star rating.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 176.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.