Places Locker, created by Places Leisure, is your new physical activity partner. Track your daily activity, convert it into MOVES and keep inspired and motivated to do more through our extensive list of training programmes and challenges. Places Leisure is a social enterprise working in partnership with local authorities and with a mission to create active places and healthy people. We also manage leisure centres and gyms throughout the UK. But if you don’t have a centre near you, don’t worry, you can still use the app and enjoy many of its benefits.
• TRAINING: With over 300 programmes, our app knows where you are and will tailor a programme to the equipment available at your home site, or wherever you may be. Choose your goals and the amount of time you want to train for. Let Places Locker do the rest!
• MOTIVATION: Stay motivated and keep your exercise varied by changing your programme regularly, taking part in our challenges, sharing your workouts with friends or trying a new class. Book classes and other activities at your nearest Places Leisure Centre directly through the app.
• OUTDOOR ACTIVITY: Keep track of your outdoor activities directly via Places Locker or automatically sync the data you have stored in other apps such as Apple Health, Swimtag, Strava, MapMyRun, Garmin, Polar, Fitbit and more.
• FUN: With regular challenges on offer, use Places Locker to take your workouts to the next level. See how you compare to other users
• BODY MEASUREMENTS: Keep track of your measurements (weight, body fat, etc.) and check your progress over time.
Want to check out real time all your progresses? Thanks to a brand new design, adding activities to the Results area has never been easier!
Now you can share your workouts with your friends:
- Share the results of your activities with a photo
- Share a photo of your progresses from your phone's gallery
Optimizations, bug fix
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Never been the most reliable of apps and making a booking can be a major headache as it constantly forgets your user details and preferences, randomly only shows half the classes available and seems to lose bookings it confirmed. However it’s has surpassed itself in being completely useless over the last two months and impossible to use. After being unavailable for a number of weeks it now seems to struggle with the concept of a calendar and won’t offer anything other than the current date. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app let’s you use it once before the problem repeats itself.
It’s only got a 1 star rating because couldnt leave a review without. Should have a big fat minus review.
Gets a big fat minus for support as well, never get any response to feedback when there are problems. Staff at the local centre are left to deal with the complaints as there is no direct support facility.
No idea how this app got through the Apple review process to be released
Huge backward step
The latest incarnation was meant to resolve the many old problems, but instead it introduces a whole load more problems.
If I was to list everything wrong, it would require infinite scroll, but briefly at very least the app should allow classes and events to be easily booked or cancelled without forgetting previous settings/filters, not changing class date mid way through booking or cancelling, showing the correct class date and not the booking date - basic things that there is no excuse not to be working - was the UX ever tested let alone designed ?
Even simple things like showing class Day (lost on old app due to a class/activity data cleanup that removed anything useful about the class like fundamentals such as difference between aquafit [shallow end] and aquajog [deep end with floatation belts]) have gone or showing verbose class info meaning you have to scroll through pages and pages of classes - filters do not work properly otherwise would be a work around for this.
I’m digressing, too many problems to list and most importantly, too easy to make a mistake in the booking process - make sure you triple check your upcoming events - shame it insists on showing your expired events by default so even that is not straight forward.
One recommended book for the developers - Steve Krug - Don’t make me think - read it and understand how flawed this app is.
(Review of the previous app below)
I had high hopes for the new version of this app but unfortunately it has a whole world of its own problems as compared to the old one. While it looks more modern, it’s still highly unusable, and multiple sections won’t load/only load partly when trying to access them. Overall it’s too heavy and over complicated. Just make a simple app for booking and viewing classes, without all the extra fluff. Highly frustrating.
For a company of this size it’s actually shocking how poor this app is. I’ve been a member at other gyms whose apps are far better than this, so it shouldn’t be that hard! It’s not user friendly or intuitive at all and seems to send you around in circles more often that not. Extremely inconvenient system for booking classes, and half the time doesn’t even “remember” where I’m a member!
- PLACES FOR PEOPLE LEISURE MANAGEMENT LTD.
- 144.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Technogym SpA
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.