The Salford CCG and Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, in their bid to continually improve the quality of care delivered to patients in Salford whilst also improving efficiency, has developed a new smart phone application, Resp Assist.
Resp Assist provides GPs, clinicians, nurses and other members of the Salford health care team, a guide to the treatment and management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and Asthma.
The Resp Assist medical app highlights to GPs, clinicians and other members of the Salford health care team:
- Information needed for the diagnosis and treatment of COPD and Asthma.
- Guidelines to follow for the management of COPD and Asthma flare-ups or exacerbations.
- COPD and Asthma diagnosis.
- COPD and Asthma treatment.
- Simply work through the assessment tools to identify quickly if your patient is at risk of COPD or Asthma.
- Get COPD and Asthma treatment guidelines by entering a few patient details for an instant result and recommendation.
- View video demonstrations on the correct use of treatment inhalers.
- Once you've finished, Resp Assist gives you instant advice on the best course of action to take.
-A comprehensive range of symptom checkers.
- Report feedback functionality, to ensure your suggestions are listened to and the app is continually updated.
-External and internal source linking.
-Patient information section providing useful information and guides to COPD and Asthma
Note: this app is specifically provided for Salford City clinicians and other authorised users only. Other users will not be able to use this app.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app all the information u need to manage your copd.
Excellent work, easy to use, many good features. Hope we have more for DM, HTN,AF and of course asthma. Well done
Excellent easy to use app for both nurses and doctors alike to improve management of COPD patients with great patient videos on inhlaer technique etc
- Desap Limited
- 40.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 Desap
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.