Live communication from schools to parents made simple
Improve the relationship between your school and parents with our live communication app. Parents can receive instant updates on their child’s activity, receive documents, videos, photos, book parents evening, complete permission slips, make payments and be kept up-to-date with the latest school news all in one place.
Designed to support schools in achieving outstanding parental engagement, SchoolPing can be used on laptops, tablets and mobiles and syncs seamlessly across all devices in real-time. *
Key features for parents
- Receive live school news notifications
- Receive live updates on a child's activity directly from their teacher
- View documents, videos, images, music and even podcasts
- Keep up-to-date & organised by using the SchoolPing calendar
- Book your parent's evening slot instantly with our live parents' evening booking system
- Automate permission slips with our forms feature
- Make payments directly from the app
- Security lockout passcode keeps your account protected
Key features for schools
- Save money, time and trees! No more printing letters and paying for text messaging services or counting money.
- The app can be personalised for each school with the ability to add logo, name, motto and colours
- All school staff can receive unlimited free support from our friendly team
- See which staff and parents have read and received messages with our analytics
- Keep teachers informed too with the additional ability to use SchoolPing for communication between staff
- Send payment requests with message and allow parents to pay directly from their Inbox**
- Messages can be sent directly from the SchoolPing app to parents or colleagues
Schools must be subscribed to SchoolPing for teachers and parents to use the app. Login details will be supplied to all users. If a user has lost their details they can be retrieved from the school.
* Network charges may apply (Please check with your network provider)
Ratings and Reviews
Difficult to read
This app is good for receiving communication from my child's school. However this app would be so much better for me if it were able to configure the text to my iPhone screen as this is where I am most likely to pick up and read the messages from the school. I find myself not reading through the school newsletters properly as time is too short to punch and enlarge the text and then have to scroll side to side. In my opinion if the developer were able to configure this to the iPhone and I can enlarge the text I would be able to read to everything perfectly and my experience would be greatly improved.
NB it is the attachments that are hard to read. With similar apps I am able to rotate the screen to landscape and be able to read everything much better. Have I missed something in my settings? I will amend my review if this is the case.
This app is really frustrating. It currently won’t let me log in, just says “ensure you have internet connection” and won’t log me in. I have internet connection fine. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, and school have updated all my login details but nothing helps. Really annoying as I’m now without communication from school.
Also if you happen to be in ping when you get another message, it does annoying things to notifications and won’t forget the notification it’s sent you even though you’ve already read the message. Takes some messing about to get the notifications dropped.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for this inconvenience. We believe the issue has been fixed now. Please update to the latest version on the App Store to verify this. If you're still having trouble, then please email us on email@example.com and the team can look into this for you.
New Era Support
Don’t know if this is the same with most phones, but this is a basic issue. 100% of my use of schoolping is on my phone. Never on a tablet. Most school letters are written on A4 size paper. The writing is far too small to read on a phone screen. I turn my phone on its side. With just about every other app on the planet, the screen would rotate and the newsletters could be comfortably read. But not schoolping. Instead you have to zoom in then keep moving the text left and right so read a whole line. I really hoping I’m missing something in this app, but surely this should be automatic.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Editure Education Services UK Ltd
- 38.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 New Era Education Ltd