Live communication from schools to parents made simple
Improve the relationship between your school and parents with our live communication app. Parents can receive instant updates on their child’s activity, receive documents, videos, photos, book parents evening, complete permission slips, make payments and be kept up-to-date with the latest school news all in one place.
Designed to support schools in achieving outstanding parental engagement, SchoolPing can be used on laptops, tablets and mobiles and syncs seamlessly across all devices in real-time. *
Key features for parents
- Receive live school news notifications
- Receive live updates on a child's activity directly from their teacher
- View documents, videos, images, music and even podcasts
- Keep up-to-date & organised by using the SchoolPing calendar
- Book your parent's evening slot instantly with our live parents' evening booking system
- Automate permission slips with our forms feature
- Make payments directly from the app
- Security lockout passcode keeps your account protected
Key features for schools
- Save money, time and trees! No more printing letters and paying for text messaging services or counting money.
- The app can be personalised for each school with the ability to add logo, name, motto and colours
- All school staff can receive unlimited free support from our friendly team
- See which staff and parents have read and received messages with our analytics
- Keep teachers informed too with the additional ability to use SchoolPing for communication between staff
- Send payment requests with message and allow parents to pay directly from their Inbox**
- Messages can be sent directly from the SchoolPing app to parents or colleagues
Schools must be subscribed to SchoolPing for teachers and parents to use the app. Login details will be supplied to all users. If a user has lost their details they can be retrieved from the school.
* Network charges may apply (Please check with your network provider)
Choose whether or not to receive emails as well as app notifications.
A change has been made to the way notifications behave. This has been implemented to resolve an issue some users were having where they appeared to have been logged out.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app but needs work
In terms of communicating this is a great app for schools
However, the app itself is really annoying in that every day or so, you have to sign back in, going through the rigmarole of finding your school and re-inputting manually your password and email. This makes it very difficult to quickly check messages or look something up. So frustrating. There is no option for the phone to auto fill these details.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback Sophe30. The app is designed to keep users signed in at all times. Your issue sounds like one we can help you to resolve. Please contact our support team on 01273 201701, or email email@example.com with your details, and a member of our support team can help to troubleshoot this issue.
This app adds no value from a parent perspective.
Emails work better.
Lacks any search facility.
Parents can’t delete correspondence from the school.
School can (and do) delete correspondence (got an important message with details of a school trip from earlier in the year? Good luck with that one...)
Can’t reply to messages from the school.
Names of attachments are too small to read.
All of the above work just fine with the school sending emails. Ping is a half-baked solution to a problem that didn’t exist in the first place.
It just puts a useless barrier between the parents (many) and the teachers (few) for the benefit of the admin staff in the school office - and nobody else. It’s not a benefit to the parents. It doesn’t help the teachers. It makes the school secretary’s life a little easier, but the balance of misery says it wastes everyone else’s time.
No consent forms for after school clubs
School ping is really good for notifying you about activities an holidays an plays etc regarding your child in school but you are supposed to be able to sign your child up for after school clubs etc through it too.
For some reason this option never comes up on the school ping for you to give your consent like it states in the messages you can???
Developer Response ,
We're pleased to hear you're enjoying the app!
For you to give consent, a form must be attached to the SchoolPing message. You will see the forms embedded directly within the SchoolPing message for you to complete and submit through the app. It's therefore worth checking with the school to confirm whether they did intend to attach a form for a response, or not. We’re happy to look into this further if you wish - please provide your name and school to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can investigate this further.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.