Live communication from schools to parents made simple
Improve the relationship between your school and parents with our live communication app. Parents can receive instant updates on their child’s activity, receive documents, videos, photos, book parents evening, complete permission slips, make payments and be kept up-to-date with the latest school news all in one place.
Designed to support schools in achieving outstanding parental engagement, SchoolPing can be used on laptops, tablets and mobiles and syncs seamlessly across all devices in real-time. *
Key features for parents
- Receive live school news notifications
- Receive live updates on a child's activity directly from their teacher
- View documents, videos, images, music and even podcasts
- Keep up-to-date & organised by using the SchoolPing calendar
- Book your parent's evening slot instantly with our live parents' evening booking system
- Automate permission slips with our forms feature
- Make payments directly from the app
- Security lockout passcode keeps your account protected
Key features for schools
- Save money, time and trees! No more printing letters and paying for text messaging services or counting money.
- The app can be personalised for each school with the ability to add logo, name, motto and colours
- All school staff can receive unlimited free support from our friendly team
- See which staff and parents have read and received messages with our analytics
- Keep teachers informed too with the additional ability to use SchoolPing for communication between staff
- Send payment requests with message and allow parents to pay directly from their Inbox**
- Messages can be sent directly from the SchoolPing app to parents or colleagues
Schools must be subscribed to SchoolPing for teachers and parents to use the app. Login details will be supplied to all users. If a user has lost their details they can be retrieved from the school.
* Network charges may apply (Please check with your network provider)
Choose whether or not to receive emails as well as app notifications.
A change has been made to the way notifications behave. This has been implemented to resolve an issue some users were having where they appeared to have been logged out.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app but needs work
In terms of communicating this is a great app for schools
However, the app itself is really annoying in that every day or so, you have to sign back in, going through the rigmarole of finding your school and re-inputting manually your password and email. This makes it very difficult to quickly check messages or look something up. So frustrating. There is no option for the phone to auto fill these details.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback Sophe30. The app is designed to keep users signed in at all times. Your issue sounds like one we can help you to resolve. Please contact our support team on 01273 201701, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, and a member of our support team can help to troubleshoot this issue.
Could be so good
This could be a great app. Notifications (group and personal) and can include file attachments such as a newsletter pdf. Problem is, in my experience, it won’t stay logged in so if I don’t check it for a few days I then need to login which involves selecting my school again. Quite frustrating. I still get notifications via email so when I receive an email, I login to the app just to view the full text of the notification. Hopefully this can be improved.
Developer Response ,
We're aware this issue can occur for some users if choosing to open a new message by tapping directly on a notification banner. To avoid having to re-enter login details, affected users can open SchoolPing directly from the Home screen app icon. Investigation into why some users experience this issue is on-going, and we hope this information helps. New Era Support.
I have been using this app for just over a Term as I trialled the app for the school I work for.
Initially the app worked smoothly. Within a few weeks the app crashed when updating and continued to do so. I deleted and reloaded the app, all was working well but now I have had to delete the app again as it is constantly crashing on updates.
Also, I understand that the app logs consumers out for security can there an easy and faster way to enter the app be developed?
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Please do log the issue relating to the app crashing with our support team at email@example.com. We can investigate why this could be happening and offer advice to help resolve the issue. The security feature we believe you may be referring to is the inactivity lockout PIN. This feature is optional and designed to prevent unauthorised access to your messages if the app is opened by a user that is not you. The PIN however can be easily disabled via the app menu, or by re-installing the app and choosing to skip the inactivity lockout PIN step during the setup. We hope this information helps. New Era Support.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.