With Smartify, you can discover the world’s greatest artworks and artists for free. Enjoy guided tours, videos by curators, artists and experts from all over the world.
What you’ll love about Smartify:
- Visit hundreds of museums with one app.
- New museum guides and videos added every week.
- Use your smartphone camera to scan and identify artworks.
- Save your data. Download guides to access offline, perfect for travelling.
- Plan and book future museum visits with maps, venue information, exhibitions and events.
- Get personalised recommendations based on the exhibitions, artworks and artists you love.
- Shop art-inspired gifts, books and prints direct from the world’s best museum shops.
- Support museums! All in-app purchases directly support museums to continue to care for, display and share art and culture.
Smartify is a social enterprise. Our mission is to connect audiences worldwide with incredible art collections through innovative technology and storytelling. We believe nothing beats the physical experience of visiting a museum and want to make it easy to discover, remember and share art. If you are inspired by our work, get in touch: email@example.com.
***Please note Smartify partners with museums to protect artist copyright and will not identify every artwork
Location: used to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
Camera: used to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
This release includes an option to hear from us about artworks, stories, venues and offers you’ll love.
Ratings and Reviews
Shazam for pictures
Excellent app. Never found the caption s in galleries easy to read.
Came across an error in the National Gallery in Edinbugh. Pictures and captions mixed up, so you need to check it’s describing the correct picture.
Put your phone away
Just saw someone using this in a gallery. They were literally in front of amazing artwork -- staring at their phone screen. Everyone around was rolling their eyes as this person proceeded to strafe around the artwork, standing on people's feet, to rotate the virtual view. Don't be that person.
By all means look up more information about art but do it before/after taking in the art first-hand. And definitely don't look up information with your phone up in the air whilst stood infront a crowd of people trying to crane around you. I've never seen anything so pathetic.
Now to Devs: list which museums are covered in the app in the App Store description to save wasting people's time.
Limited to certain museums
The app only recognizes works from certain museums which have a partnership with the app developers. So for the time being it’s only useful if you want to find out more about a painting from one of these museums. Hopefully the list of supported galleries will grow in due course. If like me you downloaded the app expecting it to recognise a wide variety of art work from around the world you will probably be disappointed. In fairness to the app this is not what the app was designed for.
Developer Response ,
Hi LiquidMonkey, Thanks very much for your interest in Smartify. Sorry to hear you are frustrated with the limited number of works. We partner with each museum individually to ensure quality information and copyrights permission. We are working as fast as possible to launch at many more venues!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SMARTIFY CIC
- 78.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2022 SMARTIFY C.I.C.
- In-App Purchases
- Highlights of the NPG £0.89
- Masterpieces of the Louvre £1.79
- Rijksmuseum Highlights £0.79
- Vienna around 1900 £1.79
- Viva Venezia! £1.79
- Lovis Corinth £1.79
- Starry Night £0.89
- William Shakespeare (NPG 1) £0.89
- The Age of Dürer £1.79
- The Night Watch £0.89