Get the very latest from Stoke-on-Trent Live, with breaking news as it happens, sport updates, traffic alerts, and all the latest what's on in your area.
Completely customisable, the Stoke-on-Trent Live app allows you to tailor what news you consume, and when.
The app is the best way to follow breaking news from Stoke-on-Trent Live; including video interviews and traffic & travel notifications.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories
· Football, Rugby and other sport news
· Traffic & Travel news
· Stoke event listings and What's On guides
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The iPad version of the app also supports Split View on compatible iPads
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
As promised, we are back with a big update! So what goodies do we have for you this time?
1. Sync! If you love to save articles and follow topics, you can now access them both across all of your Apple devices!
2. Offline Reading! We have improved the offline reading experience so you can read your favourite articles wherever you are!
3. Speed! Yes, we have overhauled the entire apps under-pinnings and you should notice a lot of improvements in performance around your reading experience!
We aren’t finished though, the team is working on some rather cool personalisation features, so stay tuned for more to come in future releases!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, keeps me up to date with local issues, as well as breaking news.
One criticism, older stories need to be removed quicker, as it can get a bit confusing after a few days as to whether it’s a new or old story. Otherwise spot on. It’s a 5 from me.
The app has gone from busy but interesting to sparse and unfinished. Content remains interesting enough but the user experience has gone downhill. Poor navigation is not helped by the fact that the tabs on the top of the screen are limited to four (three of which are variants of news and have a great deal of overlap). Sport is reduced to just a single tab - no ability to tap on Stoke City, Port Vale or even a Top Sports Stores tab. A weird approach to digital design, in which minimalism (or simple laziness) takes precedence over helping the user. Feels like it was done by somebody who has never used a news app. (Did you bring in a design agency? That might explain it.)
I hoped that the redesign would be tweaked over the past weeks, but that hasn’t happened. Nor has the new look proved any better after weeks of using it.
Anyway, all is not lost. A revamp, with better structure, improved navigation and more helpful layout could turn this around. Get working on it! (Please.)
Developer Response ,
Hi there, you can edit your tabbed navigation by adding any topic you like from the Discover View, this includes tabs for Stoke City and Port Vale, among many others. Tap the Discover Tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap the plus button next to any topic you want to see in your tabbed navigation. Or simply view that topic by tapping its name. There are many new features in the app, including Tag navigation, simply tap any Tag at the top of any article, to view more related content. We hope you will reconsider your review. The Reach PLC App Team
When I first downloaded a few months ago I was impressed with the local news and information available. This hasn’t changed, I use it most days! What has changed however and I know this may seem a little trivial, but the comments have been inaccessible for a number of weeks, it’s nice to view others thoughts on some of the subjects and to also voice my own so I hope this gets sorted soon.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 63.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Trinity Mirror Ltd 2017