Get the very latest from Stoke-on-Trent Live, with breaking news as it happens, sport updates, traffic alerts, and all the latest what's on in your area.
Completely customisable, the Stoke-on-Trent Live app allows you to tailor what news you consume, and when.
The app is the best way to follow breaking news from Stoke-on-Trent Live; including video interviews and traffic & travel notifications.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories
· Football, Rugby and other sport news
· Traffic & Travel news
· Stoke event listings and What's On guides
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The iPad version of the app also supports Split View on compatible iPads
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
Whats new in this release:
- This update provides some much needed back end changes to make your experience faster and more robust
- We have made some smaller design changes here and there in order to improve discoverability of features
- We have laid the foundations to support Sign in with Apple, so you can use your secure Apple ID to register and sign into a free account.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, keeps me up to date with local issues, as well as breaking news.
One criticism, older stories need to be removed quicker, as it can get a bit confusing after a few days as to whether it’s a new or old story. Otherwise spot on. It’s a 5 from me.
The app has gone from busy but interesting to sparse and unfinished. Content remains interesting enough but the user experience has gone downhill. Poor navigation is not helped by the fact that the tabs on the top of the screen are limited to four (three of which are variants of news and have a great deal of overlap). Sport is reduced to just a single tab - no ability to tap on Stoke City, Port Vale or even a Top Sports Stores tab. A weird approach to digital design, in which minimalism (or simple laziness) takes precedence over helping the user. Feels like it was done by somebody who has never used a news app. (Did you bring in a design agency? That might explain it.)
I hoped that the redesign would be tweaked over the past weeks, but that hasn’t happened. Nor has the new look proved any better after weeks of using it.
Anyway, all is not lost. A revamp, with better structure, improved navigation and more helpful layout could turn this around. Get working on it! (Please.)
Developer Response ,
Hi there, you can edit your tabbed navigation by adding any topic you like from the Discover View, this includes tabs for Stoke City and Port Vale, among many others. Tap the Discover Tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap the plus button next to any topic you want to see in your tabbed navigation. Or simply view that topic by tapping its name. There are many new features in the app, including Tag navigation, simply tap any Tag at the top of any article, to view more related content. We hope you will reconsider your review. The Reach PLC App Team
The best app I have found so far for local news with not too much delay between the event and the reporting of it. Initial reports are a bit short on detail, usually waiting for statements from the agencies involved, but it is easy to follow the blog to get updated as more news is revealed.
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 73.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Trinity Mirror Ltd 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.