Land your troops on the beaches of northern France, lay bridges to cross flooded enemy defences, avoid tanktraps, clear the area of dangerous minefields, overcome the enemy and claim the beachhead for the Allies! Tank Battle: Normandy is a historical wargame themed around the Allied invasion of Axis held in Europe on the 6th of June, 1944. Play as the Allies, British or Americans as many new units enter the theatre for the first time. Or, play as the Germans as they use their impressive arrays of heavy tanks, bunker emplacements and artillery to repel the invasion forces.
The invasion missions are a careful recreation of the naval landings at Omaha, Utah, Sword and Gold beaches. The other missions are a mixture of themed and historical battles that challenge even the most skilled wargamers. From the lush and forested bocage and fortified beaches of Northern France where tank is king, to tight urban environs where infantry units can rule all, Tank Battle: Normandy requires the player to be at the top of their game!
Enjoy Airborne Landings, bridge-laying tanks, mine-clearing tanks, bunker assaulting AVRE's, Fireflies and Kangaroo’s. Typical mission objectives include; escorting units, holding positions, capturing points, repairing units and, the ever-popular, destroy the enemy army.
The game system represents a major upgrade of the already successful engine used throughout the Tank Battle series and enjoys a number of new features and refinements.
Key Game Features:
● High Definition World War II era graphics.
● 23 Missions to play through, including 4 large-scale beach invasions.
● Play as the British in the 8 Mission ‘First Strike’ tutorial campaign introducing off-screen bombardment and landing craft. Includes a full-scale mission.
● Play as the Americans in the 4 Mission ‘Invasion’ Campaign.
● Play as the British in the 6 Mission ‘Assault’ Campaign.
● Play as the Germans in the 5 Mission ‘Counterattack’ Campaign.
● Over 100 unique units!
● Specialist D-Day 'Funnies' units including: Churchill Bridgelayer, M4 Sherman Crab minesweepers, M4 Sherman DD floating tanks, ● LCT and LCVP landing crafts.
● New defensive German units including: bunkers and gun emplacements.
● High Definition grassland and beach terrains.
● Four troop classes; Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Other Game Features; detailed combat analysis, flank attacks, strategic movement, indirect fire, mounting and dismounting from vehicles, multi-level hills, minesweepers, bridge-laying.
● Hours of game play.
● Map zoom.
● Additional Purchasable Campaigns.
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 8 Mission 'Breakout' Campaign, playing as the Americans.
● 8 Mission 'Pursuit' Campaign, playing as the British.
● 6 mission Overlord! campaign.
Find us on Facebook – facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexwarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Some line of sight issues from high hill hexes across lower hill hexes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good game up to the point it gets stuck
The scenarios included in basic package are great. But the second task in the “Dark days” scenario gets stuck. I destroyed more than half of enemy units before reinforcements arrive, so should have won, but it just continues. Googling, I found similar issues experienced by other players, including one, who destroyed all enemy units and went on for 10 rounds waiting, but still stuck. Annoyed I paid extra for this and can only play one round.
Great game but one update reduced the size of the map to a postage stamp and when you try to increase magnification it’s still too small on an iphone 6 to play. I gave feedback but no satisfactory response.
After th update it wont load, not happy as i have paid to unlock levels
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 359.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Breakout Campaign £1.99
- Pursuit Campaign £1.99
- Dark Days campaign £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.