Relive iconic battles of the American Civil War. Take command of both the Union and Confederate forces in this exciting turn-based strategy game from the developers behind the international top-selling Tank Battle: 1944 and Ancient Battle: Rome.
New features for version 2.0 include iCloud save support, combat analysis, strategic movement, map zoom and combat improvements.
● 8 Mission 'First Strike' Campaign.
● 5 Mission 'To Arms!' Campaign.
● 6 Mission 'Stalemate' Campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Hoorah!' Campaign.
● Includes battles based on historic events.
● Play the missions as either Union or Confederate.
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Changeable unit formations and tactics.
● Generals can attach to units to increase morale.
● More capable Veteran units and unreliable raw units.
● 3 difficulty settings.
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Map Zoom .
● Strategic Movement.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)!
● High Definition graphics (including retina for the new iPad).
● 5 Pass & Play two player scenarios.
● Hours of Gameplay!
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 8 Mission 'Rebel Yell' Campaign + 5 bonus multiplayer missions.
● 8 Mission 'Victory Road' Campaign + 5 bonus multiplayer missions.
● 8 Mission 'Last Stand' Campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Grand Command' Campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Leviathan' Campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Arsenal' Campaign.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2014 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Cavalry can now dismount in terrain.
Ratings and Reviews
AI is very poor
Very easy to defeat and in some scenarios does not even attack
Wasn’t able to tap certain buttons, making the game impossible to play
An Excellent Game
I'm very impressed with Civil War 1863. The game captures the key elements of the period including melee and ranged combat, terrain effects, unit types, troop quality, formations, line of sight and even generals/leadership in a very simple to understand and straight forward way. But that's not to say it's a simple game, there's plenty of depth in terms of strategy.
I can't fault the UI, it's intuitive and easy to pickup with a tutorial that covers all the basics.
My only complaint is the lack on Online Multiplayer. There is Pass and Play mode but that is limited if you don't have someone to play against in the same room. The game is screaming out for an Online mode and the turn based nature would support Async play perfectly.
Hunted Cow Studios have created a real gem here and if they provide Online play, they secure the 5th star from me as well as a loyal follower.
As a side note I haven't experienced a single crash whilst playing on my 1st Gen iPad so I can only imagine that the crash issue reported previously is isolated to that one reviewer.
I also don't understand how another reviewer can criticise the Developer for using "underhanded tactics". It states very clearly under the game details above exactly how many missions you get when you buy the game and that additional campaigns may be purchased.
- Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- 325.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Rebel Yell Campaign £1.99
- Victory Road Campaign £1.99
- Last Stand Campaign £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.