UK Bus Checker brings you live bus times, smart journey planning and detailed route maps for all of Great Britain. Right to your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
With support for bus, train, tram, underground, ferry and more, UK Bus Checker is the hit app that has you covered. Get from A to B with ease, no matter where in Great Britain you are.
• Live or scheduled bus times for all 300,000+ stops in mainland Great Britain
• Use your Apple Watch to view an instant departure board or track your planned journeys
• Plan a journey anywhere in Britain by bus, tube, rail and more
• Get live times in your Notification Centre with the Bus Checker widget
• Explore 3D route maps for all UK bus routes - see exactly where your bus goes
• Never miss your stop again with Stop Alerts
• Stay one step ahead with updates on diversions, closures and cancellations
• Save your favourite stops, routes and places for easy access
Real-time information is available in over 40 towns and cities, with more being added all the time. See www.buschecker.com for an up-to-date list of areas covered.
If there's no live info, Bus Checker will still display up-to-date scheduled arrivals for your stop, so you get the best of both worlds!
• Featured on BBC Click, Telegraph Online, The Independent, Cosmopolitan and Wired UK
• “If you regularly ride a bus, then you should not leave home without Bus Checker” - The Guardian
• One of Cosmopolitan Magazine's featured "Best Apps Ever" - Cosmo UK
Problems with the app?
Please read through our FAQs at www.buschecker.com
For more help, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our helpful support team on twitter @buschecker or by email at email@example.com
- For full list of live coverage areas, see www.buschecker.com
- Bus Checker is a registered trademark of FatAttitude Limited
- Data provided by official Traveline and Transport for London feeds
- Bus Checker can send anonymous usage stats and crash reports to us so that we can improve the app; no personally identifiable information is collected or transmitted
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Fixes issue where Apple Watch app doesn’t display arrivals information for some stops.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says!
Excellent app that I find really useful anywhere. Previously there was the Travelwest app that only covered the West of England. This covers the whole country. The advertisements are unobtrusive and if they fund the service, I really am not bothered by them.
The only improvement I would like to see made would be colour coding the stops on the map, so one knew which ones were on which side of the road. Currently one has to zoom in if one’s not sure. I do realise that not all routes are simple straight lines, some routes are circular and others start in one direction before turning to another direction but I think that colour coded stops would be helpful.
Overcharges and Possibly Illegal
The latest version of this software now throws an error saying “Sorry, there’s been an error with your payment. Please contact Customer Services.” In actual fact there hasn’t been an error and so before I realised I’d purchased three times what I actually wanted to. I should add at this point there’s no easy way to contact Customer Services through the app and when I tried phoning the line was engaged.
Also, and I’m happy to stand corrected on this, it seems that now the app no longer asks for your card’s cvv number (the one on the back) so therefore must be storing it. Whilst this may be fine if you’ve specifically agreed that be the case (I haven’t) it means it’s less secure. Moreover, I believe it’s illegal to store this information without the express permission of the card holder. This is I believe not something that can be agreed through terms and conditions.
Ultimately a very buggy bit of software that I only use because I have to in order to save myself some money. If I could, I’d avoid First altogether.
This is one of those really useful Apps
I’ve had this on the mobile for a few years and I’ve got the hang of how to use it now! Basically, I find the nearest stop to our Gaff heading for Town and ⭐️ it. Then it goes to the bottom of the list where you can call it summat like ‘Our house to Town’. There are a few like this from various pubs and other regular places we get on at. It probably does all sorts of other things, but I’ve never used those. I’ve also heard it works South of Sheffield, but why would anyone wish to venture that direction?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- UrbanThings Limited
- 107.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © UrbanThings
- In-App Purchases
- Remove the Ads (discounted) £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.