VTech KidiConnect® lets kids and parents stay close by sharing messages.
KidiConnect® lets you keep in touch with your child even when you are away from home.
With KidiConnect® kids can share messages using a compatible VTech toy. All contacts must be approved by parents before any communication can take place so parents will have peace of mind knowing their child is in a kid-safe environment.
NOTE: KidiConnect® is meant for communication with compatible VTech toys. You cannot use it to send messages to adults or children who do not have a compatible device.
Why Use KidiConnect®?
• Stay Connected With Your Child Anytime, Anywhere.
KidiConnect® uses an Internet connection to let you communicate with your child even when you are away from home - anywhere in the world. Parents can also add family members and friends to the child's contact list, so grandparents can stay close too.
• Kid Safe. All contacts must be approved by parents before communication can take place. Users who are not on a child's contact list cannot contact your child.
• Good For All Ages! Even the youngest kids can use KidiConnect® to share voice messages, photos, drawings, stickers, and pre-recorded messages. And as children grow, they will be able to share text messages too!
• Group Chat. With Group Chat, your child can communicate and share with multiple family members or friends at the same time.
• Share Moments. Parents can easily share photos or drawings from their children and post them to social media sites with a single touch.
• It's Fun! You can customise your KidiConnect® avatar with your photo or choose one of several cartoon designs. There are also fun stickers and pre-recorded messages. Your child can even use the voice changer to record a robot voice or a mouse voice!
Please register your child's VTech device before downloading this app. This will create a Learning LodgeTM Family Account, which one parent can use to log in to this app. That parent will be in charge of the child's contact list and can use this app to send or approve friend requests on their child's behalf.
The other parent will have to sign up for a separate Learning LodgeTM account and be added to the family like any other relative.
You must get parental approval before you can contact a child. Once you've signed up for a Learning LodgeTM account, send the child's parents a request to join their family.
* KidiConnect® works with KidiCom MAX® and other VTech devices which support KidiConnect® or VTech Kid Connect®.
For more details about VTech, please visit our website:
Ratings and Reviews
Would be great if it worked!
Everything about this app is brilliant - in theory.... I’m able to send messages to my kids, little stickers and photos. Best of all are the control as parents you have over who you can accept in to the groups to be able to text them. Add on to this the fact that they think they have a mobile without it having any cost and you’ve got a great product in theory.
But the app doesn’t work - fine for a few days and then it crashes or hangs when you try and open it. I get notifications that the kids have sent me a message, I can’t read it or respond. Which means my kids are disappointed I don’t respond, especially when I’m away with Work for a few days.
Whilst the idea is brilliant, the app reliability is seriously letting you down VTech. Please sort.....you’re making me look like a bad parent for not responding!!!!
Great concept but issues prevent easy use
As with other reviews this app is a great concept to keep in touch with your kids but is complex user experience, particularly to add additional family members.
It keeps hanging when updating so my kids chats sometimes don’t come through or I can’t reply which is very frustrating. You have to keep logging out and back in to correct this.
It also forgets my user details despite selecting keep me logged in.
Would be great if you could have a photo without avatar surround.
With some enhancements and attention to load speed this could be a great product.
Kids enjoy it but full of glitches and is so slow
We downloaded this after my 2 kids got the vtech phones for Christmas. It is the slowest app I’ve ever had and takes forever to actually receive messages. It also logs out randomly or takes forever to update. If you haven’t been in for a few days it seems to lose previous messages as it says it’s updating but never seems to update. The kids would use this more if the grown ups could use the app without glitches. I’m actually really disappointed in vtech as usually their products are so reliable. If this was speeded up and had better reliability, I would love it but just now it’s just annoying!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- VTech Electronics Limited
- 90.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 VTech. All Rights Reserved. VTECH® and the VTECH® logo are registered trademarks of VTech.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.