***NOTE: Compatible with iPad 3, iPad mini 2, iPhone 5 and up. WILL NOT be able to run on earlier generations, despite being able to purchase them on those devices***
XCOM®: Enemy Within is a standalone expansion to the 2012 strategy game of the year XCOM: Enemy Unknown and it's now available on iOS devices! Enemy Within features the core gameplay of Enemy Unknown plus more exciting content. Check out the new soldiers, abilities, enemies, maps, missions, and multiplayer mode for the fresh new strategy gaming experience!
• New Soldier Abilities: Build new base facilities to unlock unearthly new capabilities for XCOM’s soldiers. The Genetics Lab will allow soldiers to receive powerful genetic modifications, and the Cybernetics Lab allows soldiers to use devastating mechanized cybersuits in battle.
• New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
• New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
• New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield, research a new technology to unlock its power, and use it carefully back at base to unlock new upgrades and weaponry.
• New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plot-driven missions.
• New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
NOTE: XCOM: Enemy Within is a graphically rich game with advanced features. To OPTIMIZE your playing experience, you may want to turn off other apps before playing.
The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons, locations, or entities in the game’s setting. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/xcom
Follow us on Twitter: @xcom
For more great games visit: http://www.2kgames.com/mobile/
18+ "запрещено для детей" for Russia
Terms of Service: http://www.take2games.com/legal/
End User License Agreement: http://www.take2games.com/eula/index.html
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Addresses a crash on iPhone 8 devices
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing game but bugged
This game is, in my opinion, the best game on the iPhone. It's absolutely fantastic. I'm about 50 hours in and the end is still not insight! Can't recommend it enough.
But it is bugged.
If you start the game with the tutorial it has a catastrophic bug a few missions in where your character can't make a move in game. Other reviews also found this. I'd still recommend playing the tutorial if you haven't played the game before but bear in mind as soon as you hit the bug you'll have to restart the whole game on a new save (and turn off the tutorial to get past it).
Also the missions crash more and more as you go through the campaign. I guess I'm about two thirds the way through the campaign right now and every time I finish a mission it crashes as it takes you back to the mission control. Every time. You then have to reload the game and play from the last auto save point (which is your last move from the just completed mission). Also I now seem to get crashes as the mission loads as well. It's frustrating but only takes a couple of mins to reload and make the last move again.
The game is fully playable though.
This is the best console game you'll get only iPhone and I'd totally recommend it! (Forgetting the bugs).
I'm on an iPhone 6+.
Immersive, thoughtful, great graphics.....amazing!
I wasn't sure what to expect, as I played the original UFO: Enemy Unknown years ago, and didn't know how that sort of game-play, with modern graphics would work for a mobile game. But this game exceed my expectations (hence the 5 stars)!
First off, this is a fully functional game. There are no annoying in-app purchases, ads, etc. So the price is absolutely justified.
You get hours, upon hours of game play. I don't know how long I spent playing this game, but it was definitely far more than any other mobile game I've played (people seem to say that it takes about 40-50 hours).
This isn't your run-of-the-mill toilet seat game. It requires thought, foresight and tactics. The amount of options you have to choose from is fantastic (weapons, research, defences, building, fight options, etc.). Even when you beat the game once, other options will unlock, encouraging you to play again.
There are multiple plot twists throughout, which will definitely keep your attention.
I haven't really experienced any of the bugs which other people are reporting, but I may have been lucky. I think that I only experienced one crash in all of my play time. There werea couple of times when I had to wait for screens to load longer than expected, but that didn't happen very often.
All-in-all I love this game and can't recommend it enough.
Great but bugged
All software has bugs, but these XCOM games have more than most. Clearly, the development team need to review their approach to game testing, they clearly don't do enough of it. I started a game with the tutorial mode on, and on the 2nd mission there was a bit where it wouldn't let one of my soldiers make any kind of move- it was seemingly trying to force me to take a shot at an alien, but somehow it wouldn't even let me do this, so progress was totally blocked! I restarted with the tutorial mode off and it's working ok so far. Great to play when it works. My advice to players is TURN THE TUTORIAL MODE OFF AT THE START, EVEN THOUGH THE GAME RECOMMENDS IT!!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 2K, INC.
- 3.5 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humour
- © (C) 2005-2015 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.