Helping you to stay charged, wherever you go.
We’ve got you covered from the UK, the Republic of Ireland, and across the European charging infrastructure – and our thriving EV community will help you too. With almost all public charge points mapped across the UK, we’re now expanding our way across the EV charging network in Europe, including France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, with more countries being added soon. Zapmap gives you the widest range of options, allowing you to find charging that is right for you. You can also see the current status of each location so you know which chargers are available.
- Find nearby EV charging point details on the types of chargers available, the cost of charging, and whether the charge point is available to use
- Use the EV route planner to see where to stop on longer routes, what's available in those areas, and how long you’ll need to charge
- Make the most of our engaged community of drivers to better understand the charging world, or help others on their EV journey
- Pay for your EV charging sessions directly from the app using Zap-Pay. This makes the charging process simple and hassle-free
- Keep track of the status of your charging session in real time and determine when your car is fully charged
Get more with a Zapmap subscription - if you regularly charge on the public network, Zapmap Premium provides enhanced features:
- filter for new charge points and multi-charger locations, as well as by user rating and more detailed location types - helping you find the right charger, faster
- save unlimited user filters, route plans, and EV models, and enjoy what3word addresses with all UK charge points. In addition, the app will be ad-free
- get Zapmap on your in-car dashboard via Apple CarPlay. Locate suitable charge points, view live charge point status and access route plans - all while on the move
Join our growing community of electric vehicle drivers. Make the most of our engaged community of drivers to better understand the EV charging world or help others on their EV journey.
Contact us with issues or features suggestions on email@example.com
Our Terms & Conditions - https://www.zap-map.com/terms-and-conditions
Includes minor UI changes.
Ratings and Reviews
Paid version not worth it
I used this app as a way of checking chargers near my destination before setting off. But when I had to do a cross-country trip I decided to invest in the pro paid version so I could use the CarPlay feature, I was soon disappointed to find out it has no navigation or significantly useful features, in fact, I’d say is a safety hazard as the car play integration constantly fails.
I would have loved it if it offered live navigation paired with consumption estimates and live stations status. Instead it was no more useful than an old-style paper map.
I hope it’s improves as non-Tesla owners are still stuck with a disjointed network and at least 3 different apps being used in order to plan our long journeys.
Good app but CarPlay integration needs work
I’ve used Zap-Map for a long while, and in general it is my go to app for EV planning. However with a long trip over the holiday period - 950 miles over two days in a relatively short range Ioniq - I took the free trial of the Apple CarPlay integration to use over the trip because currently it was the only option with live statuses for the motorway chargers. Coming towards my first stop I opened the app and was greeted with a loading screen, which then failed to open. After restarting the app when I was stopped at the charger (I took a chance on it being available) it then came up with nearby chargers. Moving on to the next stop, due to traffic I was diverted off the motorway, but although it loaded, it didn’t list any nearby chargers. Once again stopped I was able to restart the app on the phone and it worked.
Unfortunately while the app is still useful stand alone, the CarPlay integration still has issues, and until those are solved is not worth the £50 a year being asked for to get the functionality.
What is this App for?
I appreciate that it seems a bit of a stupid title, as it is reasonably apparent. However, I’ve had this app on my phone for some time now and seldom use it.
I installed it on the recommendation of a friend just before taking delivery of my EV. However, I find this app no more beneficial than google maps or my car's navigation system. I upgraded to the pro version to use with Apple CarPlay, but more often than not, it is frozen, which requires the use of the phone to get it working again. That’s not an option when driving. I’ve cancelled my subscription and am about to delete the app, as it serves no purpose, but I thought I’d drop a quick review first.
It does work fine, but it’s expensive, and it’s clunky. If I’m honest, once you get used to your car's navigation systems and the service provided by the charge station providers' apps, this ZapMap App becomes unused and redundant. It’s been outdated.
Developer Response ,
Hello Fishfush, thank you for the feedback, and I'm sorry to hear that you have not found Zap-Map as useful as you would like. We are always working to improve the features of the app and in-car support, so hopefully we will be able to provide a service that you will find more useful in future! If you do decide to use Zap-Map again and encounter any difficulties, or have any specific feedback you'd like to share, please feel welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to help! Kind regards, Isabel (CO Manager, Zapmap)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zapmap Limited
- 71.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Zapmap Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Zapmap Premium (Monthly) £2.99
- Zapmap Premium (Yearly) £29.99
- Zapmap Plus (Yearly) £29.99
- Zapmap Plus (Monthly) £2.99
- Charge Plus Annual £59.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.