1. Favorite Route search
- Display next bus ETA, nearest bus stop and customer notices according to current location, the routes bookmarked or frequently checked.
- You can manage routes bookmarked or checked in “Bookmark” and “History” page.
2. Look for ETA by destination
- By clicking the new “Destination” button at main page, the system will suggest direct bus routes from user current location to the selected destination, with ETA to the nearest bus stop.
3. Nearby Route search
- Display next bus ETA and nearest bus stop of all routes within 400m radius from current or selected location.
4. Display Nearby Bus Stop on map
- Click a bus stop on the map to show all routes calling that bus stop, next bus ETA and customer notices.
5. Powerful Bookmark function with push notification on latest news
- Retrieve next bus ETA of desired routes in the “Bookmark” page after bookmarking a route and bus stop. Sequence of the bookmarks can be “Edited” to put favorite routes on top.
- With push notification enabled, you can receive route specific customer notice and special arrangement referencing the bookmarks.
- Origin and destination can also be bookmarked to speed up nearby bus stop search and point-to-point search.
6. Next Bus Arrival Time Enquiry function with driving status of the bus
- Display ETA of the next 3 arrivals within 60 minutes of all routes, including KMB and Long Win departures for jointly operated routes.
- Exclusively display actual distance between current location of the travelling bus and the selected stop. Alert user when delay is detected or when the bus cannot continue its journey.
- Able to customize ETA display method in “countdown minutes” or “arrival time”.
7. Intelligent Point to Point Route Search
- Display the fastest, cheapest or less walking required bus routes at your selected time of travel
- Provide estimated journey time integrating timetable, historical bus journey times, ETA and user walking time.
- Octopus interchange and fare concessions are included when displaying fare.
8. Alight reminder
- Remind you to alight in 2 phases with the “arriving soon reminder” and “arriving reminder”. You can preset up to 10 alight reminders. The reminder will be deleted automatically upon arrival.
9. Instant Traffic News
- Provide special traffic news from Transport Department & Citybus/NWFB
- Automatic search for nearest routes and bus stops function uses location service of your device.
- When alight reminder is enabled, the app uses location service of your device continuously until arriving at the selected bus stop, which may drain battery.
- Next bus ETA, alight reminder and search result of point to point search are for reference only, subject to traffic conditions.
1. Improve loading speed of the app
2. Fix location detection issue at "Favourite" & "Nearby" route page
3. Improve "Look for ETA by Destination" feature, the page will order routes for selected destination according to ETA at nearby bus stops.
4. Fix other known bugs
An App that develops backwards in time
As many of the reviews have already suggested that this app is poorly developed, in particular after its latest update claiming to fix bugs.
This is one of the few apps if not the only that has developed backwards in time. It being undeveloped is an understatement. Being a monopoly in providing real time service to the mass, it should fulfil its purpose i.e. to develop an app where users can actually check real time of bus arrivals.
I understand that ads are a huge source of income for app developers and providers, but please get your basics right before you attempt anything fancy or promote ads. Right now the app just lags and freezes after closing the ad. This has nothing to do with hardware issues (I can guarantee that). If this continues, you will lose all your end users and eventually companies that are currently paying you for ads.
Advertisers please read - this is a very poor app
I know you have no competitors, we must use your app if we want to check arrival info of Citybus which I have to take to commute every day - that doesn’t mean you can do however badly you want and totally ignore user experience!
1. Poor performance - often takes long time to load, always quit, particularly annoying when you try to catch a bus in a hurry
2. BLOCKING ADS - what the X? You are a public serving company, why are you so hungry for money? Even you want to sell as space, it doesn’t have to be full page splash ads right? By doing so you are not helping your clients, cuz users will build up negative impressions only! And why give priority to loading ads rather than arrival info? Which one do you think is more urgent for users?
Deeply disappointing, please enhance ASAP!!
Pop up ads that really POP UP full screen
I do understand as a company, source of income is very important and this app is almost monopoly. Ads is fine with me but what is not fine is that as a transport information app, how can you make a pop up ads that pop up (full screen) and even worse it crush right after! Think about the people who are finishing work after whole day and was desperate to get on a bus to go home. When these people was rushing and check on the bus app, and it pop up a ads and crush. Even just pop up full screen ads is so annoying. I suggest that cancel pop up full screen ads and leave the small ads at the bottom, since your company is making enough money through all ads you have got on bus, apps. Thank you.