Splitwise is the easiest way to share expenses with friends and family and stop stressing about “who owes who”. Millions of people around the world use Splitwise to organize group bills for households, trips, and more. Our mission is to reduce the stress and awkwardness that money places on our most important relationships.
Splitwise is great for:
- Roommates splitting rent and apartment bills
- Group trips around the world
- Splitting a vacation house for skiing or at the beach
- Weddings and bachelor/bachelorette parties
- Couples sharing relationship costs
- Friends and co-workers who go out to lunch or dinner together frequently
- Loans and IOUS between friends
- And so much more
Splitwise is simple to use:
- Create groups or private friendships for any splitting situation
- Add expenses, IOUs, or informal debts in any currency, with support for offline entry
- Expenses are backed up online so everyone can log in, view their balances, and add expenses
- Keep track of who should pay next, or settle up by recording cash payments or using our integrations
We also have powerful features that can handle almost any money sharing situation. Here are some of our industry-leading features:
- Multi-platform support for smartphones and web
- Simplify debts into the easiest repayment plan
- Expense categorization
- Calculate group totals
- Export to CSV
- Comment directly on expenses
- Split expenses equally or unequally by percentages, shares, or exact amounts
- Add informal debts and IOUs
- Create bills that reccur monthly, weekly, yearly, fortnightly
- Add multiple payers on a single expense
- See total balances with a person across multiple groups and private expenses
- Custom user avatars
- Cover photos for groups
- Activity feed and push notifications help you stay on top of changes
- View your edit history for changes to an expense
- Any deleted group or bill can be restored easily
- World-class customer support
- Pay back using our integrated payments: Venmo and PayPal (US only), Paytm (India only)
- 100+ currencies and growing
- 7+ supported languages
“Makes it easy to split everything from your dinner bill to rent.” - NY Times
"Fundamental for tracking finances. As good as WhatsApp for containing awkwardness." – The Financial Times
“I never fight with roommates over bills because of this genius expense-splitting app”- Business Insider
“The Single Best App You Can Download for Group Trips of Any Kind” - Thrillist
“Life Changing! I don’t review many things, but this app has seriously improved my quality of life. It has saved my sanity when it comes to splitting utilities, mortgage, groceries, dog expenses...the list goes on. No more saving receipts, making spreadsheets, and manually calculating each month. So handy for group trips/weekends, too! THANK YOU!!” – Courtney via the App Store
We offer in-app purchases for “Splitwise Pro”, the benefits of which are described below. The subscription amount will be charged to your App Store account and will vary by plan and country. You’ll see the total price before completing your first payment. If you don’t choose to purchase “Splitwise Pro”, you can continue using Splitwise for free.
Premium Subscription Service “Splitwise Pro”:
1. Store high-resolution receipts in the cloud (10GB cloud storage)
2. OCR integration for scanning and itemizing receipts
3. Backups to JSON, downloadable from our website
4. Convert expenses to different currencies using our Open Exchange Rates integration
5. Access to “spending by category” budgeting tools and other charts
6. Search full expense history
“Splitwise Pro” subscriptions purchased in-app renew monthly or yearly depending on your plan. Plan pricing may vary by country. To avoid renewal, you must turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before your subscription ends. You can turn off auto-renew at any time by visiting the App Store.
- Refinements to the Settle up flow, to better support people who transact in multiple currencies.
- Fixed: A bug causing friend and group avatars to appear horizontally squished in some cases.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Better if there’s an option to add taxes
Often the food bill in restaurants includes a certain percentage of tax. While we can split the bill among all based on what they have eaten , it’s painful to calculate the exact share of tax for each individual. Often we resort to adding the extra tax amount equally among all in a separate entry. It becomes worrisome as the group size increases . It would be better if we an option to add the tax percentage in that country , say 8% for everyone involved in that bill.
Need Siri integration
I have been using splitwise for more than 2 years now I remember writing my last review 2 years ago,
Its been the same from last 2 years. I need more can you please integrate it with siri to add normal expenses i know the feature where we can just write the expense and amount which will be automatically split equally something like that.
Appreciate the app very much you can understand that as I am using it from last 2 years continuously
No words are enough to appreciate this app. Tremendously handy. I've made all my friends use this and they love it to the core. Helps me manage all my borrows/Lents/share etc etc with just a few taps and keeps track of everything. Kudos to the developers. Just introduce sending/receiving money to complete the family. I'll be more than happy to give a contribution of £50 to the developers if you can introduce this feature. Commendable stuff guys. 😊👍🏼😍
- Splitwise, Inc.
- 78.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai
- Age Rating
- © Splitwise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Splitwise Pro ₹ 129
- Splitwise Pro ₹ 1,299
- Splitwise Pro ₹ 219
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.