The ABC7 app provides the latest local, weather and national top stories and breaking news customized for you! Get more live and on-demand video than ever before, including live newscasts, and choose customized alerts based on your interests.
Customized “My News” that matters to you
- Stay informed on stories you love by choosing customized topics.
- “My News” builds a unique feed just for you based on interests and locations you choose.
- Stay updated on the latest through live video, real-time updates and easy navigation.
Get alerts you want
- Choose customized alerts for topics and locations you care about, from entertainment news to sports updates and everything in between.
- Easily select locations in “Settings” to get the latest breaking news, weather and traffic from your area in real-time.
Watch live video
- Find exclusive video clips and live video streams at the top of the app, including live news broadcasts.
- Switching between live streams is as easy as flipping between channels.
- Watch live video while you read stories and browse the app
Stay updated 24/7 on weather and traffic
- Easily choose your locations to get hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts.
- Get real-time Doppler maps along with detailed weather information from Accuweather.
- Get weather and traffic alerts for severe conditions so you’re always up-to-date before you go.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device's advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
- Fixed an issue with photo galleries not displaying correctly
- Fixed an issue with embedded Twitter images
- Other bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Too many ads
I have been a loyal viewer of ABC7 Chicago News for over 30 years. This is an exceptional app. The new layout and design is phenomenal. However, I would give five stars if there was an option to bypass viewing advertisements. If not completely, then perhaps after the first five seconds. EVERY TIME you access a video associated with a news article, you have to view a 30-second ad. And it’s usually the SAME advertisement! If I view 10 videos, I am
forced to view the SAME advertisement 10 times—that’s five minutes! It’s a bit much. Please fix this.
I’m a 51 year old man who lives in Kenosha, WI, there is only one cable contractor that allows me to receive both Chicago and Milwaukee news stations. I’ve worked in the Chicago area for thirty years now and I’m soon to retire. I’ve been an avid channel seven guy since I was a teenager. I can remember when some of the ABC personalities came from other stations and I also see some of the old ABC personalities on other stations. ABC7CHICAGO is commuted to having the best, the brightest and the most beautiful people that it can find. There’s nothing like waking up to Tracy, Tanya, Roz and Terrell in the mornings. You also have my all time favorite in Judy Psu in the afternoon and I go to sleep with ABC7CHICAGO at ten. Thank you all for always delivering the news the way we can all receive it from people who seem to really care about Chicago and the surrounding areas.
Ads cause the app to crash
It would be better if ads weren’t crammed into every nanosecond of reports. A weather video won’t play until the ad plays and sometimes ad audio plays over the video. Then the video is cut short for another ad or the entire app crashes as soon as the ad starts. Suggestion: get rid of the ads or fix them so you can skip them like in other video apps it’s not necessary to play a 2 minute ad. Most you tube ads are 5-10 seconds long or are a banner that can be closed once seen. ABC Get with the program and dump long ads. Also Tracy Butlers morning forecast is Useless... ads run longer than her nanosecond weather report. I can look out the window and get more info on the weather. This app is a waste of time for weather or any reports unless you like to watch ads.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.