The Aetna Health℠ app puts you in charge of your health care and benefits. With just a few taps, you can find a doctor and see what procedures may cost. Talk to a doctor by phone or video in just minutes. Pay your claims. And compare costs before you get care.
It’s simple. It’s all in one place. It’s all in the palm of your hand.
And we're not stopping there. We’re continuously adding new features and functionality to improve your experience.
This app is available for most Aetna® members. Members in select plans may not be eligible yet, but we’re continually working to expand access. If you aren’t eligible today, just check back in a few months.
Get plan details quickly and easily
• Pull up your ID card whenever you need it
• Track progress toward meeting your deductible
• See your personal PayFlex® HSA, HRA and FSA account balances
• Check your Explanation of Benefits and get info about what's covered for your medical and dental plans (for eligible members)
• View and filter through your claims easily, by member name, provider, facility, service or date
• Pay claims using your bank account or credit card
Search for and find care at your convenience
• Find in-network providers and offices by location, profile and specialty
• Compare cost estimates for doctors’ visits and medical procedures
• Look up medications by their brand or generic names, find price information and learn about side effects
• Set up your Teladoc® account today to talk with a doctor anytime, from anywhere, when you need care (for eligible members)
• Search for MinuteClinic locations and services inside select CVS Pharmacy and Target locations
Receive personal recommendations to help achieve your goals
• Get personalized health actions based on your profile. Set and track progress toward fitness and nutrition goals.
• Sync your data automatically by allowing Aetna Health to access your steps and exercise data from HealthKit
Eligible members with benefits through Aetna Pharmacy can also
• View prescription details for you and your family
• Get cost estimates for brand name or generic drugs
* Aetna and MinuteClinic inside select CVS Pharmacy and Target locations (which either operates or provides certain management support services to MinuteClinic-branded walk-in clinics) are part of the CVS Health® family.
With the Aetna Health℠ app, you’re in charge. With this release, you’ll find new features and functionality to make things even more simple and seamless, like:
• Bug fixes and incremental enhancements to current functionality
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Signature Required!
When I order my specialty pharmacy medications it’s very nice to work with your employee that answers the call, the problem is you will not send them without someone signing for them. You tell the customer that a signature is required by Medicare but this is NOT true. Medicare doesn’t require a signature, your internal policies and procedures do. I’ve been taking these medications for 7.5 years and every insurance company, including yours, has processed the order with no signature required. When I started taking these medications 7.5 years ago you were my specialty pharmacy and did NOT require a signature. I hope you decide to allow the patient to order their medications without a signature.
Do not use Aetna App to make a payment
Aetna failed to process my payment to provider twice. I placed payment for two of my claims using this Aetna mobile app. They both failed. I’ve got past due notice from the provider after I made payment. I called them to explain that I made payment via Aetna mobile app already and had a receipt. Then, a few days later, I’ve got refund for this payment, it was almost month later since I made a payment. I called the provider and apologized this late payment which was not my fault and sent a check them immediately. Now, another claim, I paid for the claim on Mar 19, 2019. Today, on May 14, I’ve got past due notice from the provider. So far, I didn’t see refund logged for the claim on the Aetna mobile app, so I thought my payment was processed and sent to the provider successfully. I called Aetna, I was on hold for a few minutes, and this is what they said: They, Aetna, sent my payment to the provider on May 25, 2019, 6 days after I made a payment via Aetna mobile app. However, the provider never cash it, hence my payment was automatically refunded. Then, why the refund wasn’t shown app soon? And, why payment process didn’t work? Why the provider never cash my payment, is it their fault or Aetna’s fault? My conclusion: I will never use Aetna mobile app to make my payment to provider. I will use my HSA account, the provider’s online payment system, or send a check!
Developer Response ,
Hello, cirs. Thanks for your post. We care about your Aetna Health app experience. I work on Aetna’s support team. If you’ll email our support mailbox, I’ll be happy to help you. That shouldn't be happening and we can help you with this issue. Our email address is AetnaHealth-AppSupport@aetna.com. Thanks! Rick G..
Doesn’t function well. Infrastructure is 20th century.
Most recent issue: I lost my job and needed a document stating my last day of coverage, which was about 1 week away. Aetna could not produce a digital version, mail and fax were the only option. They absolutely would not help in my effort to get new coverage in a week, and could only say “I’m sorry” to the fact that their terrible infrastructure was going to leave me without coverage for a month. They don’t seem to understand that there are humans on the customer side of their business.
UX failure: I cannot search for a doctor (there is no search bar). Cannot filter doctors. The only way you can find a doctor is to walk in front of the office building because it’s based on location with no other way of functioning. From a UX, and general usability position this app is dumb and pointless. What’s worse is when I had to call, the person took 10 min to do the search I could do myself, then they could only provide me with a phone number. Then after that the doctor office themselves won’t book appointments on Friday at all. I feel like I just warped into 1983.
Developer Response ,
Hello Not-Mozart, Thanks for your post. We care about your Aetna Health app experience. I work on Aetna’s support team. If you’ll email our support mailbox, I’ll be happy to look into the issue. Our email address is AetnaHealth-AppSupport@aetna.com. Thanks! Rick G.
- Aetna Life Insurance Company
- 97.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Aetna Life Insurance Company
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.