Manage your health care in one easy place
The Aetna Health℠ app helps you take charge of your health care and benefits. With just a few taps, you can find a doctor and see what procedures may cost. See claims details and pay claims. Access your ID card. Even talk with a doctor anytime by phone or video. It’s simple. And it’s all in the palm of your hand.
We’re also continuously adding new features and functionality to improve your experience.
This app is available to most Aetna members. Members in select plans may not be eligible yet, but we’re continually working to expand access. If you aren’t eligible today, check back in a few months.
Connect to care
• Search for in-network providers and facilities
• See provider ratings and reviews from other patients
• Get cost estimates before you get care
• Look up medications by their brand or generic names and learn about side effects
• Search for MinuteClinic® locations and services inside select CVS Pharmacy® and Target® locations, and schedule a MinuteClinic appointment
• Talk with a doctor anytime by phone or video (for eligible members)
• Connect with COVID vaccine resources
Manage your health and benefits
• Access your ID card whenever you need it
• Track spending and progress toward meeting your deductible
• Check PayFlex® HSA, HRA and FSA account balances
• View your plan summary and get information about what’s covered
• See up to 2 years of claims and filter by member name, provider, facility, service and date
• Pay claims using your bank account or credit card (for eligible members)
• Receive personalized health reminders
• Sync your data automatically by allowing Aetna Health to access your steps and exercise data from HealthKit
Eligible members with benefits through Aetna Pharmacy can also
• View prescription details for you and your family
• Get cost estimates for brand name or generic drugs
• Search for a pharmacy based on location, distance or other criteria
• Refill mail-order prescriptions
• Request prescription refills at a CVS retail pharmacy
*Aetna and MinuteClinic inside select CVS Pharmacy and Target locations (which either operates or provides certain management support services to MinuteClinic-branded walk-in clinics) are part of the CVS Health® family of companies.
With the Aetna Health℠app, you’re in charge. With this release, you’ll find updates to make managing your health even simpler, like:
• Bug fixes and incremental enhancements to current functionality
Ratings and Reviews
No Signature Required!
When I order my specialty pharmacy medications it’s very nice to work with your employee that answers the call, the problem is you will not send them without someone signing for them. You tell the customer that a signature is required by Medicare but this is NOT true. Medicare doesn’t require a signature, your internal policies and procedures do. I’ve been taking these medications for 7.5 years and every insurance company, including yours, has processed the order with no signature required. When I started taking these medications 7.5 years ago you were my specialty pharmacy and did NOT require a signature. I hope you decide to allow the patient to order their medications without a signature.
Do not use Aetna App to make a payment
Aetna failed to process my payment to provider twice. I placed payment for two of my claims using this Aetna mobile app. They both failed. I’ve got past due notice from the provider after I made payment. I called them to explain that I made payment via Aetna mobile app already and had a receipt. Then, a few days later, I’ve got refund for this payment, it was almost month later since I made a payment. I called the provider and apologized this late payment which was not my fault and sent a check them immediately. Now, another claim, I paid for the claim on Mar 19, 2019. Today, on May 14, I’ve got past due notice from the provider. So far, I didn’t see refund logged for the claim on the Aetna mobile app, so I thought my payment was processed and sent to the provider successfully. I called Aetna, I was on hold for a few minutes, and this is what they said: They, Aetna, sent my payment to the provider on May 25, 2019, 6 days after I made a payment via Aetna mobile app. However, the provider never cash it, hence my payment was automatically refunded. Then, why the refund wasn’t shown app soon? And, why payment process didn’t work? Why the provider never cash my payment, is it their fault or Aetna’s fault? My conclusion: I will never use Aetna mobile app to make my payment to provider. I will use my HSA account, the provider’s online payment system, or send a check!
Developer Response ,
Hello, cirs. Thanks for your post. We care about your Aetna Health app experience. I work on Aetna’s support team. If you’ll email our support mailbox, I’ll be happy to help you. That shouldn't be happening and we can help you with this issue. Our email address is AetnaHealth-AppSupport@aetna.com. Thanks! Rick G..
Doesn’t function well. Infrastructure is 20th century.
Most recent issue: I lost my job and needed a document stating my last day of coverage, which was about 1 week away. Aetna could not produce a digital version, mail and fax were the only option. They absolutely would not help in my effort to get new coverage in a week, and could only say “I’m sorry” to the fact that their terrible infrastructure was going to leave me without coverage for a month. They don’t seem to understand that there are humans on the customer side of their business.
UX failure: I cannot search for a doctor (there is no search bar). Cannot filter doctors. The only way you can find a doctor is to walk in front of the office building because it’s based on location with no other way of functioning. From a UX, and general usability position this app is dumb and pointless. What’s worse is when I had to call, the person took 10 min to do the search I could do myself, then they could only provide me with a phone number. Then after that the doctor office themselves won’t book appointments on Friday at all. I feel like I just warped into 1983.
Developer Response ,
Hello Not-Mozart, Thanks for your post. We care about your Aetna Health app experience. I work on Aetna’s support team. If you’ll email our support mailbox, I’ll be happy to look into the issue. Our email address is AetnaHealth-AppSupport@aetna.com. Thanks! Rick G.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aetna Life Insurance Company
- 192.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Aetna Life Insurance Company
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.