Alabama Blue mobile is now available for your iPhone intended for use by all Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama members.
Save Time. Get your plan details such as common copay amounts, HSA balances & claims — on the go. File a Drug Claim. Locate doctors in your plan from wherever you are.
Features for members only (Member login):
• Find a doctor - Find an in-network doctor, hospital that is located the closet to you or rated the highest by other patients.
• Get access to your plan information and covered dependents, paying your monthly bill and viewing claims
• View common co-pays for most contract types
• Rate your doctor based on a recent visit or exam
• View and email your ID card(s) to physicians and/or dependents
• Manage Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Use your MyBlueCross UserID & Password to access Alabama Blue mobile. You can also set up Touch or Face ID for quicker access.
• Treatment Cost Estimator – Estimate the costs of a treatment prior to having the procedure, compare side-by-side results by cost, location, provide, or facility name. Understand amounts you will pay a facility or physician to anticipate future expenses for a particular treatment. View remaining deductible and know coinsurance or copay amount you will pay a facility or physician
*There is no charge from BCBSAL to download Alabama Blue, but rates from your wireless provider may apply.
This Information is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for personal care from a licensed physician. Please consult your physician for diagnosis and treatment options.
If you are unable to login to your Alabama Blue account or need more information, please visit www.bcbsal.org
Thank you for using Alabama Blue! We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available features and improvements.
Changes and improvements include:
- Message Center added for secure, online messaging with customer service
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app did really good for a year or so and now it won’t let me pay my bill... it just keeps wanting me to re submit and it’s annoying because I have to go they the website now and what’s the point in an app if you can’t do anything... Please fix!!
Just downloaded and have been messing with it. You can see in-network providers and they have their stats in # of procedures done as well as how sick their patients were! If you select the procedure a mini window pops up and is like “patients by this physician for this procedure were on average 20% sicker than other in network providers.” That’s DEFINITELY going to play into picking my physician! When selecting a physician the map doesn’t move so you have to kinda pick around it which is annoying, if it was more phone compatible would rate 5/5.
Developer Response ,
fire mt pleasant ia mcd, thank you for leaving us a review! We are happy that you enjoy our app! We will look into the issue you have reported and work to make your experience better.
No better than the mobile site.
This app appears to just be a duplicate function of the mobile site, minus one feature: Touch ID access.
If I use the app, I must first open LastPass to copy and paste my long, secure, pseudorandom password. Of course, once I’ve searched for my BCBSAL account, I’m one click from launching and auto-logging into the site, so that’s much faster, and lower friction.
It does not have the one killer feature I was hoping to find, when installing the app: integration with the iOS wallet.
Wallet access to my auto insurance cards is the only reason I have the StateFarm app on my phone, and would probably be the only reason to keep this app, if it had the feature.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UTIC Insurance Company
- 32.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 UTIC is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.