Ally Banking & Investing
Save, invest, and manage money
Making your financial life simple and secure has always been our thing. Easily manage your bank, credit card, invest, and home loan accounts on the go—all in one mobile banking app.
Bank with us to:
• Save faster with smart savings tools: buckets and boosters
• Set aside money for recurring expenses with spending buckets
• Stress less with no overdraft fees
• Transfer money, pay bills, or use Zelle® to pay anyone with a U.S. bank account
• Deposit checks from your phone with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
• Find 43,000+ no-fee Allpoint ATMs: we reimburse up to $10 per statement cycle for fees charged at other ATMs nationwide
• Keep tabs on your debit card usage with card controls
• Manage CD interest disbursement and maturity options
• View and send secure messages, or chat with us 24/7 using Ally Messenger
Keep up with your credit card:
• Make secure credit card payments, review credit statements, and check your FICO score for free
• Ally Mastercard credit cards available by invitation only
Three ways to invest with us:
• Our intelligent tools do the heavy lifting to manage and monitor your investments
• Invest free of advisory fees with our cash-enhanced portfolio, or invest more of your money in the market with a market-focused portfolio (available for a fee)
• Automate your investing with one of our four portfolio strategies
• Trade commission-free on eligible U.S. stocks, options, and ETFs
• Filter and find exchange-traded funds with our ETF screener
• Use advanced charting tools for technical analysis
• Receive ongoing guidance from one dedicated advisor for all your assets – even ones we don’t manage
• Link and track financial accounts outside of Ally for a 360° view of your finances
• View and monitor your net worth, investment exposure, and performance
• Start with a $100,000 minimum in assets under care (funds with us)
If your mortgage is serviced by us:
• Track your progress towards paying off your home loan with real-time updates
• View account details, upcoming statements, and past transactions
• Use Autopay to set up recurring payments with no additional payment fees
• Schedule additional principal-only payments at any time
We’re serious about security
• We never store personal or account information on your phone
• Our security codes provide extra protection when you log in from a computer or device we don’t recognize
• Our Online & Mobile Security Guarantee protects you against fraudulent transactions
• Ally Mobile is free – your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply
• Compatible with iOS 15.0 or higher
• Deposit and mortgage products are offered by Ally Bank, Member FDIC; Equal Housing Lender [house logo], NMLS ID 181005
• Securities offered through Ally Invest Securities LLC, member FINRA/SIPC
• Advisory products and services are offered through Ally Invest Advisors Inc., a registered investment adviser
• Securities are NOT FDIC INSURED, NOT BANK GUARANTEED, and MAY LOSE VALUE
• You may not be approved for real-time quotes
• Savings buckets and boosters are features of the Ally Bank Savings Account. Spending buckets are a feature of the Ally Bank Spending Account
Bugfixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
2024: great app but STILL not VPN friendly
AND ANOTHER THING: What's with the "Your Ally session timed out due to inactivity" push notification? Do you really think my session timeout is so important that I need to get a push notification every time I use your app? Have you, or anyone you know, ever received that notification and said, "Oh, my Ally app session is timed out, I better do something about that"? No? Yeah, I didn't think so. And this notification can only be disabled if you completely disable all Ally notifications which is nuts. I bet this was some manager or consultant's "contribution" to the Ally app project to justify their insane salary. Please remove this useless notification or at the very least give your users the option to turn it off separately in app settings.
2024 UPDATE: So, it’s 2024 and the Ally Bank iOS app (and website) still aren’t VPN friendly. Literally every other banking app and website that I use work fine with VPNs. But Ally Bank chooses to be stuck in the past and jeopardize the security of their customers because they don’t want to spend a little money to make their app and website VPN compatible. Do better.
ORIGINAL REVIEW: Great bank and app. One problem: when my VPN is on, the app gets stuck on the loading screen. I have many other bank / brokerage iOS apps and every single one of them works flawlessly with the VPN enabled. Please update your iOS app to work with VPNs.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we hear your concern. We’ll share your feedback with our team. ^MG
Could be better
I’ve had Ally about 10 years now. Was first attracted by their no penalty CDs when I was saving for my first home. Obviously in that amount of time alot has changed in my own life and therefore current needs, tech and stock trading. The good: they’re polite, easy to get a hold of on the phone. The bad: their stock trading interface is circa 2010. This is how others used to look and function so originally I didn’t think anything of it but other options have come so much further now I don’t know why y’all don’t get with the program to keep a younger customer base engaged. I like the analyst reports and options charts but actually entering a trade is cumbersome and they won’t let you trade on margin. Plus it only shows your average holdings of a ticker- no clue how to see how much of that is ST or LT to make informed decisions when selling. There are much better stock trading options out there. Only reason I still have the stock account I do is because my main brokerage no longer accepts stock transfers and I don’t want to cash out of these. I moved 90% of my money out years ago when it was in cash. Summary- as a bank they are competitive with CD rates. I’ve never used them for normal savings or checking so can’t comment. Good customer service. To stay competitive, their trading side needs a major facelift, but does have better research tools than others.
Used to be great, lately not so much
This app and bank used to be great. At some point in 2022 the app and bank started having issues. The most egregious problem I have had is, after signing in the app say “you have no accounts at Ally bank “. Depending on the situation this can be terrifying. Luckily closing the app and trying again later has brought back my accounts. No exactly confidence inspiring. Often Face ID fails to work. Sometimes it fails to invoke a Face ID check forcing me to hit the Face ID button. Sometimes it performs the Face ID verification but never unlocks the app. Fortunately this can also usually be fixed by closing the app, waiting a while and trying again. When. I can actually get it to authenticate the apps responsiveness is painfully slow. The account screen can take a long time to populate data. I have seen this behavior on my iPhone 13 pro when on excellent WiFi or cellular networks. This also happens on my iPad Pro and my wife’s iPhone. On all these devices we access other services and financial institutions without issue. I suspect that Ally made a change to their back office servers that is causing these problems but that is just speculation. I have lost trust in Ally after being a customer for many years. I opened up another account at a local account because I wasn’t comfortable having the bulk of my assets at Ally any more. This used to be a great bank. I hope they fix their issues.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ally Financial Inc.
- 218.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2024 Ally Bank, Member FDIC