The official American Express App for iPhone allows you to access your Account from anywhere. Track spending & rewards, find offers, review your balance, pay your bill and enjoy features only available in the Amex App. Touch ID and Face ID login (on supported devices), gives you quick, safe and secure access. Make the most of your Membership with the speed, security and convenience of the mobile Amex® App.
SECURE ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
• Enhanced activation experience for you to confirm new Cards and setup your Account.
• Activate your Credit Card for Apple Pay in the Amex App, then simply unlock, tap and pay.
• Freeze and unfreeze your Credit Card instantly at any time.
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR SPENDING
• Check your American Express Account balance, pending transactions and sort charges by amount and date.
• Go paperless with access to past PDF statements.
• Turn on AutoPay to pay your Amex bill automatically from your bank account each month.
• Check your spending power. Enter an amount for an expected purchase and you’ll see if it’ll be approved. Approval based on account status at the time of request
• Filter transactions to see spending and subtotals for each card on your account. For Basic Card Members Only.
PROTECTION WITH REAL-TIME ALERTS
• Turn on purchase alerts to be notified when your Credit Card is charged.
• Receive instant fraud alerts if suspicious activity is detected.
• Never miss a payment with payment due reminders.
• Manage all your notifications in the Amex Account tab.
EXPLORE REWARDS AND BENEFITS
• View your Rewards balance and find ways to use Membership Rewards® points* - from gift cards to credits on your statement.
• Use points to cover your eligible charges via a credit on your Account. *
• See personalized recommendations for other ways to use points.
• Refer a friend and earn rewards when friends and family get an American Express Card through your referral. For eligible Card Members only.
AMEX OFFERS *
• Discover offers from places you shop, dine, travel and more.
• Explore a map of nearby offers.
• Get Amex Offers notifications direct to your device.
• We’re here to chat 24/7. Start a chat with us in seconds and revisit conversations any time in the app.
We’d love to hear from you! Stay in touch with us using our social media pages: Twitter: @AmericanExpress
Send & Split® enhances the way you send money and split purchases with other Venmo and PayPal users, all in the American Express app.* Now you can pay friends with more flexibility and without the standard Venmo or PayPal credit card fee§. You can also seamlessly split your Amex purchases with others and get paid back directly to your Card as a statement credit. Best Part? You’ll be the one to earn the rewards for the purchase you split. Enrollment Requirement. Terms Apply. § PayPal may charge a fee when sending to non-US recipients.
The American Express® App and app features are available only for eligible Card accounts in the United States. American Express® prepaid Cards and Cards issued by non-America Express issuers are not eligible.
To log in, Card Members must have an American Express user ID and password or create one in the app.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
*To see the full Terms and Conditions, copy and paste the following link into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the page: https://amex.co/AmexApp-Terms
We’re constantly making improvements to help ensure you have the best experience. In this release we focused on bug fixes and enhancements to make the app faster and more secure.
Thanks for using the American Express App
Ratings and Reviews
So happy I came back to Amex!
Recently I had a dispute with Capital One my main credit card company when I wanted to pay off my statement balance. I had called them and made payment of the amount they gave me but then received in the mail a bill for some ridiculously small amount that I thought surely was in error so I called but surprisingly they argued and said that I indeed owed the amount and that I must have misunderstood. I’m pretty sure I had not since it was I who called them with the intent of paying off the statement amount. So it was then that I decided if $0.72 was that important to them I was going to vote with my $ and discontinue Capital One. That day I paid them, canceled my account, and cut up my card. However that meant I then needed another primary credit card. I have been an Amex member for a long time but worried that the old style way Amex used to do thing’s might not be as flexible as I needed but decided to give it a go. I can’t tell you how happy I am that I made that decision! Amex has made some amazing changes the last few years and the app is just awesome. The plan- it feature for payment is simply brilliant! I just wanted to let you know that I am so happy I decided to go back to Amex and I’m confident I won’t have to worry about having to move to another credit company again !! Thank you so much!
For more than 20 years I have been a good customer - I have used my card almost exclusively and paid my bills. I’ve spent more thousands than I can imagine. Due to COVID I lost much of my salary as my husband was leaving me. I fell a month behind and made a temporary payment arrangement. Sold the house to pay bills because I’m the kind of person who does that. Paid off the loan and credit card a month ago but was still showing my account was still showing suspended. Called and they said I had to wait to the next billing cycle. Bogus. Next cycle comes and I am still suspended, yet I get charged $160 for the annual fee. I chatted and they tell me to call the line I already called and wasn’t helpful. I call and get told by the automation that I can charge, but I just tried and my card declined. Very much regret that I just paid that fee or I would be cancelling the card right now. I get it...I made a late payment, but now I’m back on my feet after a brief delay as o figured things out, my salary is fully restored and I’ve recovered from my financial difficulty and you’re losing a customer. I’ll keep the card open because I am buying a new house and done want to show a recently closed account but I will cancel next year and you will have lost a loyal customer.
Disappointing Customer Service
I was super excited to get an Amex card. Until I applied for one for me and my wife. After applying I was called by a gentleman asking for additional info for my wife. He then told me that we were BOTH approved and should get our cards in the mail shortly. Never got the cards so I called and was told that I was going to have to redo the entire process and also they had no record of me applying for an additional card for my wife. So after redoing the entire process and being told my new card would be in the mail soon it also never came. So I called a couple weeks later and finally got things sorted out with my card (not my wife’s that was a lost cause at this point) and it came in the mail about a week later. After everything it took about 3 months from being approved to getting my card. It just seems like they have a terrible process going on. Anytime I called for help it seemed like they told me what I wanted to hear but nothing was actually done. Now I have applied for another card for my wife 2 weeks ago and again have heard or seen nothing. Also called about my priority pass expiring and the gentleman told me he resolved it and I should be getting a confirmation email. That was 4 days ago and still haven’t gotten one. Being active duty military it’s nice that they over the platinum card for free but at this point I’d rather go back and pay another bank for a card with similar benefits.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Express
- 206.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 American Express Company. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.