Access your American Express® account from virtually anywhere with the American Express® App. Take advantage of what your U.S. Personal, Small Business, and Corporate accounts have to offer: Track spending and rewards, find offers, pay your bill, add your Card to your mobile wallet, and enjoy features available only in the app.
Touch ID® and Face ID® login (on supported devices) gives you quick access to features so you can get the most out of your Membership.
MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT WITH EASE
• Activate your credit card for Apple Pay® in the Amex App, then simply unlock, tap and pay.
• Check your balance and manage you Amex account virtually anywhere.
• Go Paperless and have your billing statement, account communications and certain legal disclosures delivered electronically.
• Freeze or unfreeze your credit card to control the purchases that go on your card.
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR SPENDING
• Track recent purchases and sort through charges by amount and date.
• Easily see your account balance and pay your Amex bill from virtually anywhere.
• Turn on AutoPay to pay your Amex bill automatically from your bank account each month.
• Check your spending power to find out if your purchase(s) will be approved*.
• Filter transactions to see spending and subtotals for each card on your account. *For Basic Card Members Only
DISCOVER AMEX OFFERS FOR:
• Travel and so much more
• Add offers to your Card with just a few taps. Explore a map of nearby offers.
ENJOY PEACE OF MIND WITH REAL-TIME ALERTS
• Turn on purchase alerts to be notified when your card is charged so you can stay on top of daily spending and unexpected charges.
• Receive instant fraud alerts if suspicious activity is detected.
• Verify charges to your card with just a few taps.
• Never miss a payment with payment due reminders and alerts.
EXPLORE REWARDS AND BENEFITS
• Check your rewards balance and find ways to use Membership Rewards® points - from gift cards to credits on your statement.
• Refer a friend and earn rewards when friends and family get an American Express Card through your referral. * For eligible Card Members only.
We’d love to hear from you! Stay in touch with us using our social media pages:
*Approval based on account status at time of request
** Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit
membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information.
Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them.
To learn more, go to membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo.
App and app features are available only for eligible Card accounts in the United States.
American Express® Prepaid Cards and cards issued by non-American Express issuers are not
To log in, Card Members must have an American Express user ID and password or create
one in the app. All access to and use of this app is subject to and governed by the American
Express End User License Agreement, Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
Touch ID, Face ID and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc.
For J.D. Power 2020 award information, visit jdpower.com/awards.
• Tap an Offer to discover more details including the corresponding website, terms, location, and more.
Ratings and Reviews
Application of Payments on Account
The AMEX app and the AMEX web site are easy to use, quick, easily accessible and promptly and accurately reflect all purchase activity. Very worthwhile. Which makes it particularly exasperating when payments are not applied to the account promptly. I make payments via automated debit to my bank account, either scheduled via AutoPay or on a one-off basis. The payments are invariably charged to my bank account well before they are credited to my AMEX account. At the end of the billing cycle, I sometimes (alternate months) like the account balance reported to the credit reporting agencies to be zero. When there have been charges to the account, and I pay on the last or second last day of the cycle, the payment does not get reflected sometimes for 2 days, which leaves an account balance over the end of the billing cycle. That really annoys me. And it is quite odd, since many times charges are applied to the account before I even get to the car after leaving the store.
Maybe you can fix this - it’s ridiculous.
Great App, but don’t stop there.
A few things I could mention that could bring this app to 5 stars - I would integrate apples current FaceID update to allow for pin entry when it detects a mask. Currently, the app will simply say that “faceID is not detected” it’s something small that can make a huge difference because I’d rather not take off my mask in stores when I want to get into my app, and I’m sure I speak for many people when I say entering and remembering passwords are tedious.
Additionally, I would update your app to allow for dispute submissions, status and resolution directly on the app instead of having to clog up your chat. It’s available on your website, just port it over to the app.
Finally, I would put something to allow for better reward tracking and pending rewards on the app itself instead of having to go on your website.
Additionally, I know this is probably more a hit on Delta and not American Express, but you do have a partnership with their Credit Cards so, have better communication with them and their/your cards. It gets annoying when I have to flip flop between apps and websites to see and track my rewards.
Finally you could have a kind of Minimum balance calculator for the Pay it Plan it. Sometimes I’m scared to use Plan it because Im scared my next months minimum due will go from 35 to 350. ...which is fine, id just appreciate the heads up when/if it happens.
Absolutely horrible app when it comes to rewards
So technology should make our lives easier, but American express has found a way to make it worse. I redeemed points for gift cards through the app, but trying to use them is just utterly ridiculous. First, you can’t even get to the cards without providing information that is on your AMEX card itself. So even though you have securely logged in to the app, you still have to do more. So if you’re not carrying your AMEX card with you, you can’t use the gift card. Navigating to the cards takes forever. I’m sure everyone is familiar with the phrase “it isn’t rocket science.” But apparently this is! Whether used or not the cards stay in my view, so I have no idea which ones I have used. And to determine the balance, American Express sends you to the vendor’s website, which is not at all helpful. That site asks you for the gift card number and PIN, so you have to go back to the American Express app, write these numbers down, then go back to the vendor site again. Now think of doing all of this while you’re standing at the checkout line at Home Depot with people waiting in line behind you for you to get this done! And forget trying to resolve this in the app through chat. Chat is just another word for we’re not going to listen to you but instead will send you links to FAQ sites. This has got to be one of the worst customer service experiences I’ve had with an app and the corresponding credit card company.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Express
- 146.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 American Express Company. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.