Ancient Battle: Successors 12+
HexWar Games Ltd
- Offers In-App Purchases
Ancient Battle: Successors is the latest edition to the Ancient Battle series for iPhone and iPad. Alexander the Great died on 13 June 323 B.C., leaving no heir. Perhaps foreseeing the many great conflicts that would follow his demise, he left the Macedonian Kingdom 'To the best man'.
These lands, spanning most of the known world, were divided between his former generals, who saw themselves as rightful Successors (or 'Diadochi') to the Kingdom. The Successors plunged into a maelstrom of epic conflict as they fought for power and glory. Now you have the opportunity to reign supreme over your rivals, if you can first defeat them on the battlefield. Use units such as Greek Pikemen, Macedonian Pikemen, Spearmen, Archers, Indian Elephants, Chariots, Cavalry, and Javelinmen to engage in some of the largest battles of the ancient world.
Key Game Features:
• High Definition Ancient Era Graphics.
• 7 Mission Tutorial Campaign.
• 6 Mission Wars of the Successors Campaign; Featuring the battles of The Hellespont, Cretopolis, Paraetacene, Gabiene, Salamis and Ipsus.
Bonus Mission (Available for free by registering)
• 1 Mission Ptolemies Campaign; featuring the battle of Gaza.
• All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
• 66 Unique Ancient Units.
• Detailed Combat Analysis
• Flank Attacks
• Strategic Movement.
• Hours of Gameplay.
• Map Zoom.
Purchasable Extra Content:
• 5 Mission Pyrrhic War Campaign; Featuring the battles of Siris River, Heraclea, Asculum, Asculum Satrianum & Beneventum.
• 5 Mission Ascent of Rome Campaign; Featuring the battles of The Aous River, Cynoscephalae, Magnesia, Pydna & Corinth.
• 5 Mission Eclipse Campaign; Featuring the battles of Thermopylae Plain, Lamia, Crannon, Sellasia & Raphia.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2016 HexWar Games Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Change: The Bonus 'Ptolemies' Campaign is now available to all players without requiring an email registration.
Fix: Some sound effects not playing following the last update.
Fix: Sometimes the side flags do not appear.
Ratings and Reviews
Same old same old
Hexwar pumps these out to the tune of several a year. Most reviews are below 4 rating which tells you that this system is dated. They need to put some unit animation in. Some zoom ins during key engagements. Have possibilities of upgrading units to elite units with a big visual splash when that happens. I own several of these purchased over the years and most of them I don’t play anymore because they are “boring”. Hexwar, get an imagination, please.
Nice time killer, though with a total of 22 scenarios (playable for either side), it’s definitely a lot shorter than some of the developers’ other works. Still, not a bad game and can be challenging at times.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 867 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2016 HexWar Games Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Pyrrhic War Campaign $1.99
- Ascent of Rome Campaign $1.99
- Eclipse Campaign $1.99