Browse Recipes and Start Cooking directly from the Anova app!
The Anova app is the companion app to the Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI and Bluetooth models. Connect the app to your Anova Precision Cooker to start, stop, and monitor your food. Receive notifications about what’s going on with your food, and start your cook right from your phone. With both models you can conveniently browse thousands of recipes and start the Precision Cooker with a tap of a finger. We are constantly pushing to improve and listen to customer feedback, so make sure you keep your eye out for updates!
Don’t have an Anova Precision Cooker? Join the #anovafoodnerd family and try sous vide with the world’s best-loved precision cooking device: https://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-cooker/
Key App Features:
• Great recipes & guides created by James Beard Award-winning chef, J. Kenji López-Alt
• Visual Doneness photos guide you to the perfectly cooked meal
Receive push notifications about your cook
• Operate Anova remotely, within range. Extended remote cooking capabilities are available exclusively for the Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI. This includes the ability to start, stop, change temperature, set timer, and monitor your cooking status from anywhere. See below for more information on connected cooking with the Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI.
With WI-FI, you can spend less time tied to the kitchen and more time doing what you love, with the people you love. When you upgrade to the Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI, you'll get even more flexibility than ever, including:
• Remote cooking. Start, stop, and monitor your Precision Cooker WI-FI from anywhere, and come home to the best meal ever. Whether you're heading to work, going on a run, or spending quality time with friends and family, you can check in on the status of your food no matter where life takes you.
• Push Notifications. Automatically receive notifications about how your meal is progressing. Anova keeps an eye on what's cooking, so you don’t have to.
• Voice Integration. Anova makes it effortless to start cooking, even when your hands are full, with the simple command of your voice using Alexa and Google Home integrations.
• New Features. Anova is always getting better with new ways to experience super-simple, pro-level cooking. Keep up with the latest updates to the Anova Culinary App for good things coming your way!
What is Precision Cooking?
Once limited to the world's best restaurants, precision cooking (commonly referred to as sous vide) is now the fastest growing kitchen appliance category. The Anova Precision Cooker represents the next evolution of precision cooking technology, making it easy and affordable for everyone to reap the benefits of this type of cooking. Precision cooking is extremely easy. It usually involves these three simple steps:
1. Attach the Anova Precision Cooker to a pot and set time and temp using the app or the device interface. Using the app, simply find what you're cooking and hit "start."
2. Put food in a ziplock bag and clip it to the side of the pot. The circulator moves water around the pot, ensuring a consistent temperature throughout.
3. Finish with a quick sear or broil, or even throw it on the grill for a nice, crispy finish.
-Bug fix for iPhone XR
-Information about future app support for Anova Precision Cooker Pro users
Ratings and Reviews
It’s been improved
Originally got the cooker during the holiday season of 2017. During use then had similar problems as others with the timer not working well or randomly resetting. Used it for approximately 2 months before it went into a cupboard. Recently (last two weeks) got it out and started to use it again. Timer issues in the app appear to be fixed (only a handful of uses as of yet). Timer continues to function even if I go to another app (previously this would reset the timer or break it completely). Very happy that the Anova team is hard at work to correct these annoying flaws.
I should add that there are still issues with WiFi connectivity. I haven’t extensively tested these issues but it appears to still mess up when attempt to reconnect to the cooker after leaving the WiFi network and rejoining while the cooker is in operation. The app unable to “find” the cooker and I have to go in an unpair and repair the cooker to the application.
Anova intends this to be the directions for using their sous vide machines. As such it fails. There simply are not enough clear directions provided. Very many of the user-contributed recipes are poorly and unclear written as to technique. Those need to be much better-curated. Some examples of issues Anova leaves unanswered: Is there a limit to the amount of product you can cook at one time? When cooking animal flesh, can you put more than one cut (e.g., one pork chop or steak) into a single bag? If so, would you “stack” them one on top of another, or lay them side by side? Do you put the product in the water before it has come to temperature, or after? Many recipes give very large ranges for cooking times, what gives? Do those relate to the thickness of the cut? When the product is done cooking, can/should it be removed immediately, or can it be left in the (gradually cooling) water to keep warm until ready to sear/serve? Is it dangerous if a small amount of air is left in the bag (because it leaves product out of contact with hot water), or is it ok so long as the bag is fully submerged? It is very unfortunate Anova leaves so many basic questions unanswered. Sous vide is a unique technique; I am a skillful home chef but the skills used in other cooking techniques do not directly transfer to sous vide cooking.
App needs work
The hardware is great. I can’t begin to describe what a game changer sous vide cooking is. If I had it to do over though, I’d buy a base model with no connectivity because the app is a joke. First, the WiFi settings are ridiculous. After trying to connect unsuccessfully many times, I went to the web. I found out that neither your WiFi network name nor your password can be over 15 characters long. Their solution, I kid you not, is to change your network name and password to be shorter (less secure) than it is now. Also, there are many times where the app continues to tell me I need to get within range of the cooker so it can connect. It’ll stick like this with the app 3 inched away from the cooker. Better to just use the manual controls. Beyond that, I don’t understand how hackish their developers must be to not be able to get a simple timer right. It seemed to work on my first two cooks. After that, the timer now starts during the warm up phase. So you end up having to manually time everything anyway. And you have to listen for the cooker to hit the right temperature. The convenience of “set it and forget it” is totally missed with the poor app functionality.
- Anova Culinary LLC
- 114.8 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Anova Applied Electronics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.