The Anova family of precision cookers allows everyone to cook like a pro! Paired with the Anova Culinary app, now perfectly cooked restaurant quality meals are as easy as the touch of a button.
Browse the largest collection of sous vide recipes by Michelin star chefs and home cooks just like you. Then simply connect your cooker to the app and start, stop, and monitor your cook right from your mobile phone. Feeling inspired? Create and share your own recipes and go viral on the ‘gram. Whatever your pleasure, the Anova Culinary app is the place for everything sous vide.
• LARGEST COLLECTION OF SOUS VIDE RECIPES: Access sous vide recipes created by Michelin star chefs and home cooks just like you.
• COOK FROM AFAR: Start, stop, change the temperature, set the timer, and monitor your cooking status from just about anywhere, as long as your device is within Wi-Fi range.
• RECIPE DISCOVERY: Cook recipes by James Beard Award-winning chefs, food editors, celebrity chefs, and more.
• GUIDED COOKING: Follow the step-by-step instructions and click start to start cooking.
• COOK NOTIFICATIONS: Stay up-to-date on your cooking status without getting tied to the kitchen.
• RECIPE SHARING: Share your recipe with friends directly through the app.
• TIME AND TEMP GUIDES: Learn the basics with our simple sous vide guides.
• MANUAL CONTROL: Customize your cook settings with manual time and temperature control.
• RECIPE COLLECTIONS: A series of new and appetizing recipe collections that are sure to keep you cooking.
• RECIPE CREATION: Easily create and save your own personal sous vide recipe.
• FAVORITES: Have a recipe or two that you love? Mark it as a favorite for quick and easy access.
• PERSONAL PROFILE: Create your personal profile and see a history of all the meals you’ve cooked.
• Improvements to the pairing flow for the Anova Wi-Fi Precision Cookers.
• Fixed "Edit Profile" crash for some users.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I received the sous-vide as a gift and was hesitant to use it for a long time. Kept thinking, do I have time to learn another way of cooking. Set up has to be complicated. If I ever use it I’ll never do it again so what’s the point. Well I have to say I was wrong on all accounts. The setup is so easy. If you can download an app on your phone you’re through the hardest part. I’ve used it 4 times in the past 2 weeks and everything has come out juicy, flavorful, and cooked to perfection. I made chicken breasts, tenderloin steak, and burgers twice. Once you prep the food you put it in a ziplock bag (or vacuum sealed bag) and submerge it in the water once it reaches target temp. Generally I’ve been choosing meals that take 2 hrs to cook but the only active cooking is the prep. Once it is done I will put it on a pan to sear it but that only takes 2 minutes. Highly recommend it for anybody that is looking to elevate their cooking. Time commitment is minimal but you should prep your meals about 2hrs prior to when you want to eat.
Anova intends this to be the directions for using their sous vide machines. As such it fails. There simply are not enough clear directions provided. Very many of the user-contributed recipes are poorly and unclear written as to technique. Those need to be much better-curated. Some examples of issues Anova leaves unanswered: Is there a limit to the amount of product you can cook at one time? When cooking animal flesh, can you put more than one cut (e.g., one pork chop or steak) into a single bag? If so, would you “stack” them one on top of another, or lay them side by side? Do you put the product in the water before it has come to temperature, or after? Many recipes give very large ranges for cooking times, what gives? Do those relate to the thickness of the cut? When the product is done cooking, can/should it be removed immediately, or can it be left in the (gradually cooling) water to keep warm until ready to sear/serve? Is it dangerous if a small amount of air is left in the bag (because it leaves product out of contact with hot water), or is it ok so long as the bag is fully submerged? It is very unfortunate Anova leaves so many basic questions unanswered. Sous vide is a unique technique; I am a skillful home chef but the skills used in other cooking techniques do not directly transfer to sous vide cooking.
Easier than I thought
I received the Anova 1000 WiFi enabled precision cooker for a gift. Great addition to meal prep/planning. If you have a big pot, this will work. A nice perk is it can be used on any table or counter near a plug, so it frees up the oven/stove top/grill. You can easily repeat your dish, once you choose a temp/time you like. It is almost bullet proof on creating consistent dishes. The Anova food app is a great place to start as a baseline for time/temp for whatever. I have used Ziplock Gallon Freezer bags with no issue. Clean up is none existent (pour out the water and wipe down pot/cooker unit). This approach will free you up completely. Impossible to over cook. One nice perk- we have cooked more fish as this approach removes the odor that may accompany fish prep. Starting to use the WiFi and app as I now have a few favorite time/temps for target protein. I may get a second one to do vegetables (different temp/time requirements). Btw- the food is amazing! One tip, you can use the water in the pot to help remove the air from the bag (you tube video, so easy)😃
- Anova Culinary LLC
- 23.2 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Anova Applied Electronics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.