"Ammunition exhausted. God Save the King!" - last radio message from the 1st Airborne Division.
Assault On Arnhem is an operational level wargame for between one and four players, based on the famous Operation Market Garden campaign in September 1944.
Each player manages units in either the Allied or Axis forces fighting over the bridges leading to the Dutch town of Arnhem. The aim of the game is to either capture or defend the bridge objectives by a certain time in the game.
Assault On Arnhem is an easy game to start playing, although underneath the simple façade lies a much deeper level of complexity.
- Up to four player hotseat multiplayer
- Cross-platform online multiplayer (two players)
- In-game tutorial
- Turn based play
- Four scenarios (Grave; Nijmegen; Arnhem; Operation Market Garden)
- Fog of war mechanics (taking terrain into account). Hide your units in the woods and watch the enemy!
- Night time turns with reduced visibility, affecting combat and command. Slip your recon units through enemy lines!
- Logistics rules governing HQ supply lines and unit regrouping
- Over 110 units of 7 distinct unit types
- Three battle scenarios and a main campaign scenario
- Three levels of AI difficulty, playing as either Axis or Allies
- 3D Map View
- Supply drops, reinforcement schedules
- Simple enough for a beginner but with plenty of depth for experts
Please note this game requires iPad 3 or better.
Add a new Legendary difficulty.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overall a very playable simulation. Yes, the instructions could be better, but it's not that difficult to learn the game. The AI is acceptable at the lower levels of play, but is much stronger at the highest level. I will definitely purchase other games from this developer
I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of Hex War games. They always feel to cramped and basic.
This game however is a major step in the right direction. Just expand the content or come out with another battle - maybe on the East Front next time. Very good work - feels like a real war game !
And you need better advertising for Arnhem - most of my war gaming friends have no idea this game even exists !
A couple of things to improve this game.
1. Expand the directions. How to use the supply drops is non existent. I have played numerous games, and can't figure out how to tap into those resources. Or, even if you are supposed to.
2. Playability is ok, but somehow unrealistic. In the Arnhem scenario, two units were able to obliterate 4 armored units (Konigstigers). Somewhat unrealistic.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.