Thanks Everyone! You're Awesome – MORE PRESETS FOR YOU
• NEW Bank of presets by Sound of Izrael.
Thanks to him for the wonderful free presets!
• Sequencer works a bit better
Plus 2.1 updates:
• AUv3 now mixes down and freezes in Cubasis, NS2, GarageBand, and more!
• New custom bank of 32 preset by JEC (James E Cosby)
• PLUS! Legacy IAA (Inter-app Audio) support added
• THERE'S MORE! Preliminary support for iPadOS Beta added
• + Stock Presets should be listed in AUv3 Hosts
• Plus, Misc Fixes and Updates
• FM Player 2 will keep improving. We're working hard to make it better for you!
PLUS ALL 2.0 FEATURES:
• AUv3 Plugin and Standalone support.
• Vintage Arp/Step Sequencer
• 3x as many samples, while using less storage space!
• NEW FX: Gorgeous Stereo-Phaser
• NEW FX: Vintage Chorus, Flanger, Amp Simulator, and more
• Dual sound layers per voice.
• Keyboard Splits. Morph between sounds.
• 3 LFOs. LFOs can modify other LFOs.
• ADSR: Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release per Layer
• Space-saving Compression. More sounds, less space.
• Tempo-sync controls &Ableton Link
• This update saves 100mb+ of storage space.
• Mono glide & legato
• Pitch & Mod wheel controls & routings
• Improved Presets Panel & Preset Search
• Hundreds of other fixes & updates!
• Dual Independent Low-Pass, High-Pass, and Band-Pass filters
After updating, please open the Stand-alone version first. (Instead of the AUv3 first)
If you're using the IAA version of FM Player 2 in your projects, please replace with the AUv3 (Audio Unit) version.
Please note that we all are volunteers. AudioKit does not have any sponsors or investors. We are all musician/developers who love making apps. Any help spreading the word about this app would be appreciated. The more people that know about the apps, the more musicians can enjoy them! Thank you!
• FM Player 2 will keep getting better & better!
• More free presets coming soon... :)
For friendly conversation and bug reports, please email
Ratings and Reviews
Extremely well done!
I still own (and use) my DX7IIFD that I bought in 1989, but it rarely leaves my home studio, which is probably why it still works as good as new. So, if I want to incorporate that unique FM synthesis at a gig or on the road, I’m left with virtual instrument options. There’s two approaches for virtual FM - modeling or sampling (or a hybrid of both). I’ve got a number of satisfactory modeling options on my computer rig that I enjoy and use frequently, but none of them gives me the same exact ‘vibe’ of my hardware, and I’ve never been happy with sampled DX sounds because, even though many are very accurate, they always feel static or sterile to me. Furthermore, I’ve never been happy with any of the DX instruments for iOS. This app sounds fantastic and really captures the character of the DX7 without sounding or feeling like a sampler. And it is really fun and inspiring to play. I will absolutely be using it in my live gigs. My thanks and admiration to the developers and the AudioKit team for providing a free synth that sounds rich and professional, and is useful right out of the box. I also love that it much easier to pack up, carry, set up, and tear down than my good old DX7 beast! Well done!
This is the most amazing app ever!
I have no words. This is the most amazing app I’ve ever seen! Great job! And also, you have made my day! Congratulations on making the best app! this one should be rated number 1! And also i’m speechless! May I introduce myself! My name is Josiah manly! I am a 10-year-old boy! This is amazing! You should be in the top 5 synthesizer apps video! Thank you for making such a great app! Great news! I have just updated my review! To all the people that out here shout out to audio kit pro for making this possible! This is such an amazing app and to the developer! Thanks for making such a good app and even if you don’t respond, I will still love it and everything is free! Which is amazing to me! But the only thing that’s missing is beats! Except I still love it! You can respond anytime! Love you guys! 3>> WHAAAAAATTTT!!!!??? you guys! FM player 2 is out! This is so Beautiful! Thank you guys!
I just got the latest edition of Electronic Musician. The first thing I read is the iOS monthly review of the latest apps. I went looking for another synth based on the magazine’s recommendation, and found this one instead.
I have many expensive, paid apps that can either play sample based DX sounds, or create FM synthesis the old fashioned way with virtual operators. Some are 4 op, others are 6+, depending on how many virtual algorithms they are based on. You wouldn’t think that your open source freeware ROMpler would come close to any of those apps, however, I’m stating that these are the best 6 operator samples I have heard in iOS yet! Keep up the awesome work! I’ve been using iOS in live performance for years and have been waiting for this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.