Send sample data directly from your iPhone to your volca sample!
AudioPocket enables you to program your volca sample memory with audio samples from the following:
• The app. Record on-the-spot with the app, where you can preview, trim and normalize your impromptu sample recording.
• Your computer. Using iTunes File Sharing, just drag and drop into “AudioPocket documents”
• Factory presets. Choose from a library sound-designed by KORG.
Compatible audio files:
“aif”, “aiff”, “wav”, “mp3”, “caf”, “aac”, “m4a”
What is volca sample?
The volca sample is a sample sequencer that lets you edit and sequence up to 100 sampled sounds in real-time for commanding live performances. It’s powerful on its own or as an addition to any existing volca setup. The volca sample lets you recapture the excitement of the first generation of samplers where any sound - vocals, spoken words, ambient sound, or glitches – can be used for your creations!
See more at:
● To use AudioPocket with the volca sample, the operating system for the volca sample must be "System Version 1.20 or later.
● You will need a stereo mini jack cable to connect your iPhone to your volca sample.
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
- Files.app is supported. You can manage samples through the app.
- Better support for sample importing. Select the folder icon on the “iTunes File Sharing” page to import samples.
- This update only supports iOS version 11 or greater. Please upgrade to the latest OS version to continue receiving updates.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Desperately needs an update
Both the sample itself and this app desperately need updated. It’s just way too much work to get samples into the machine, and the idea that you can only do this using an app significantly limits the lifespan of the Volca Sample.
1. Allow files to be imported to the app using Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud folders, etc. Korg has this ability already built in to the Gadget’s Bilbao and Abu Dhabi modules, so it shouldn’t be that hard to add.
2. Allow samples to be imported directly to the Volca Sample from a computer
3. Add the ability to edit the in and out point of recorded samples in the app
4. Update the Volca Sample firmware to allow direct recording into a memory slot without a computer or iOS device.
Developer Response ,
Could you try v1.2.0 or later? We supported Files.app integration so that you could import samples from local storage, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive if you've activated
Not completely trash
Audio Share or “open in” support would be very much appreciated and incredibly useful. As it stands, this app is only somewhat useful for two things... live mic recordings and system updates.
Live mix recordings can be edited some, but not a whole lot. It’s basically a simplistic means to provide your Korg Volca Sample with the ability to record live sounds (in a VERY round about way).
Sadly, sound from any of your other iOS apps will require you to jump through a whole bunch of seemingly unnecessary hoops. If you go into his with extremely low expectations, then this isn’t too terrible.
Developer Response ,
Could you try v1.2.0 or later? We supported Files.app integration so that you could import samples from AudioShare etc.
Perfect companion to the volca sample
Now that the app has access to Files my phone is the perfect companion to the volca sample. I am no longer limited to recording inside the app or using my computer to transfer sounds to the app. I have had no problems with it. This, along with sound-editing apps on my phone, gives me everything I need to acquire, edit, and sequence samples in a portable hardware format.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.