AutoPad is the easiest way to bring ambient pad loops into your mix!
AutoPad generates atmospheric drone sounds that lend subtle structure to your live performances and recordings. Simply tap a key, and AutoPad will provide a tasteful soundscape that plays for as long as you like. Natural crossfades between keys are handled automatically.
- Perform with ease. AutoPad has two modes: Live mode gives you instant access to all twelve keys, and setlist mode lets you build a custom list of songs.
- Set the mood. AutoPad comes with 10 carefully designed pad sounds. Each one creates a unique atmosphere in all 12 keys.
- Expand your library. You can add to the factory sounds by importing your own pads or by purchasing one of the in-app sound packs.*
- Shape your sound. AutoPad's menu gives you control over crossfade time, high-pass and low-pass filters, reverb amount, pan, and volume.
- Easy on storage. AutoPad's seamlessly looped sample-based drones contain just what you need to provide a pleasing atmosphere and don't take up excessive space on your device.
- Stay in sync. AutoPad features a customizable metronome with a dedicated pan control. Keep your band locked in without needing to lug around a tracks rig.
- Deep MIDI Control. AutoPad's MIDI Actions menu makes it easy to customize how AutoPad responds to your MIDI controller.
- Use with other apps. AutoPad comes with a fully-featured AUv3 plugin! Run AutoPad alongside other music apps in your favorite AUv3 host.
- Now on the Mac. AutoPad runs on macOS! You can use AutoPad as a standalone app or as an AUv3 plug-in in a compatible host. Both Intel and M1 Macs supported.
- Go Wireless. Ableton Link lets you stay in sync with other devices on the same Wi-Fi network. AutoPad also supports Bluetooth MIDI controllers and AirPlay audio.
- Share with friends. Make sure your band is all on the same page by easily sharing setlists with AirDrop.
- Stay organized. AutoPad lets you save and recall setlists with a simple setlist manager.
- Looks great. AutoPad features a dark color scheme that is easy on the eyes and performs well on the stage.
Note on use:
AutoPad sounds great in a variety of contexts, but please make sure you understand the intended use before purchase.
AutoPad's sounds are designed to be played softly and continuously behind live musicians. They include the root, fifth, and octave. As such, they can be used in a major or minor context. When using AutoPad in worship music, it is not necessary to change the pad with each chord change. For example, if you have a song in the key of E, you can play a pad in E for the duration of the song.
View Manual: https://www.audiosymmetric.com/manuals.html
View Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Uka-nFom-pgTB-DftgDvA
* While files of any length can be imported into AutoPad, due to realtime memory restrictions, AutoPad loads a 3.5 minute subsection of files longer than four minutes. A short fade is applied to eliminate pops. See manual for details.
New in AutoPad 1.10.2:
- Update dependencies to latest versions.
- Add right-click options for gesture-based actions on macOS (requires macOS 11).
Ratings and Reviews
This is a GREAT and USEFUL app for worship!’
I really appreciate Ryan creating this app and adding MIDI control to it as well. I use Ableton Live and Gig Performer (similar but better than MainStage-IMHO). I have put drone pad loops in both Ableton & Gig Performer which has worked great! This week I took the time to setup AutoPad for use with Gig Performer. As long as it’s reliable like the other two programs, I may use this as my primary pad player. The only thing that stops me from a 5 star rating is that it is only AUv3. The programs I use that I’ve mentioned several times in this post recognize AU, VST & VST3 plugins. I would LOVE and prefer to use/control AutoPad in one of those hosts. I’m on a Mac and don’t know how much more is involved in making this app AU compatible but that would make a HUGE difference in use ability. I’m hoping that day will come sooner rather than later.
Other than my request to make this compatible with professional programs, Ryan has made a very useful tool for worship that is in my tool set!
PS….this is fantastic for sure on iOS and that is where that AUv3 comes in nicely! Get this now if you don’t have it. Thank you Ryan and I look forward to seeing this continue to develop!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind review! So glad you're finding AutoPad useful.
The only thing I'll mention is that I believe it is possible to leave separate reviews on iOS and macOS as they have different App Stores. Also, Ableton 11 now supports AUv3 although I have not had a chance to test it personally yet.
“Live” Tab is quirky!
The best thing about this App is that if you upload a pad in a particular key - you identify what key it is, and AutoPad will adjust that particular key you uploaded to fit the other 11 keys, if you want to toggle them. Very handy!
The click track is awesome, however, I don’t see how I could use it in a live setting in my ears, if the pad is also being use live… literally no one else wants to hear the click.
This program over is really good for basic pad needs, but definitely not perfect.
As far as workflow goes, I have found that it is best to upload all your downloaded pads in the “Live” tab, then after that - it is best to essentially ignore the “Live” tab. Move over to the “Set List” and create your songs. In the set list, the user can actually see what particular Pad sound & key is assigned to each song.
Seeing the pad file selected for each song is extremely helpful, because you cannot see the pad file selected in the “Live” tab. I have played around with this quite a bit over the past few days. The “Live” tab is really really quirky.
In “Live” I really don’t like how you can select multiple pads for each key, and even when you deselect one, and enable another pad - the sounds sometime don’t change - even if you turn the pad on and off. It drives me nuts!
Overall, now that I have figured out how to use the app in a fairly robust way, I plan on using it a lot now. Just bummed it isn’t perfect, but hey, what is?!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review, I'm glad you like AutoPad! Live Mode is designed to give quick and easy access to all twelve keys. Just a note: you can only have one sound loaded at a time. The blue circles in the sounds picker indicate which sounds are "favorited" and appear at the top of the list. Only the highlighted sound is played. This might be why you're experiencing strange behavior.
No longer saves settings???
Sooo I love this app I’ve been using it for about 3 years but I can not figure out why my settings are no longer saving I used to be able to keep my volume down my cross fade all the way up and everything the way I needed it but lately it’s been resetting to default settings everytime I close the app with only the pad I chose but not the settings please fix this I LOVE this app and recommend it to all my friends but this little thing is such an amazing feature that makes it even more customizable to each person please fix or bring back! 😓 I hate going in to the app and the volume being at full instead of where I left it
Developer Response ,
Hi there, just want to let you know that I have updated AutoPad to fix this issue. Check the App Store and make sure you have version 1.8.6!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ryan Robinson
- 25.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Audio Symmetric
- In-App Purchases
- Bonus Sounds $0.00
- Shimmer Pads $4.99
- Grainscapes $4.99