Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Baltimore Sun's exclusive, premium storytelling on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Baltimore's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• For full access, try one free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the Baltimore Sun website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tribpub.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to the Baltimore Sun website from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 888-539-1280.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at email@example.com. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
We've redesigned this app to provide you with a better reading experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Great redesign, still want integrated weather
High quality local and national journalism. The recent design update is much cleaner, attractive and user friendly. Only dropping one star because the app still does not have an integrated weather forecast/radar. When you want to see weather you have to view the desktop site or use a mobile browser. App includes weather related news but not forecasts. Otherwise, this is an excellent news app and my primary source of news. Subscription for unlimited digital access is very reasonable and in the current climate of disinformation, supporting real journalism is tantamount to supporting democratic institutions.
Not a fan of the redesign
I like having the paper in app format but the new redesign is clunky and harder to read. Not to mention the icon is awful!
Slick, but has major issues!
Grew up getting the Baltimore Sun hard copy paper. Always impressed with its quality, and, as long time Orioles fans, enjoyed its coverage and, more recently, the BS dedicated Orioles app. Sorry to see that go!
As to this...
Smooth, well thought out app. Permits customization of sections; easy movement around app; scrolls well.
1. Too many advertisements.
They are embedded in the headline list for each section and, worse, in the middle of every single story. They remain there even if one is reading offline!
Will they still be there if we subscribe? Until we know that, we won't subscribe.
2. Text is small and there is no way of changing the font size, at least none that we can find.
We don't hold our devices up to our eyeballs, so this is a problem. Until that is added, we won't subscribe or use the app.
Note: the BS Orioles app has font size controls , but even its largest size was too small.
3. The sections list is incredibly long, including county after county!
Those should be grouped and put at the bottom. As it stands, it requires too much rummaging and rearranging to get sections right.
Hope you all can fix these things -- we would like to keep following the O's even though we now live hundreds of miles away from home!
- Tribune Company
- 105.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Baltimore Sun
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- News App Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.