Simply Better. Easier-to-use, clean design, full control, and audio from more sources. Bookmobile provides a better experience for listening to audiobooks than any other app.
Try it for free! Download the app as a FREE TRIAL of up to 5 audiobooks for 60 days. If you like it, an In-App purchase will allow an unlimited number of audiobooks for $3.99 USD.
So, what do you get?
An interface optimized for listening to spoken word content, especially while driving. No sliders, dragging or other controls that are nearly impossible to get right while you are driving. Easy access to the controls that matter most while listening.
Get, play and manage audio content from a wide variety of sources: iTunes, Audible.com, Librivox.org, CDs, public library downloads, RSS feeds, Dropbox, and more.
Auto-Bookmarks make it easy to find your place.
Customizable, exportable bookmarks (name, color, and notes) to keep track of special audio passages.
Complete control over audio files:
- Reorder parts/episodes.
- Change title of audiobooks, podcasts, parts, episodes.
- Cover artwork can be added or replaced -- just a simple copy-and-paste of any image from web or photo library.
- Download/delete/re-download audio files whenever you want.
Audio File Types Supported:
- DRM-enabled content (from Audible.com or iTunes Store)
- non-DRM content (from web downloads, CDs, etc.)
- M4B audiobooks, including chapters, artwork
- MP3 audio files, including artwork, ID3 tags
- import individual audio files, folders of audio files, or Zip archives (including artwork image files)
Audio Import Options:
- add from on-device iTunes Library
- use your computer's web browser
- use iTunes File Sharing (no syncing required)
- Open in... Bookmobile from other apps, including Dropbox, Mail or Safari
- download from websites or local computer
Download straight into the app from iTunes Store, Librivox.org, and ListenUp Audiobooks.
- Easy access from main screen,
- Shake to add time before or after expiration,
- Auto-screen dimming,
- Stop at the current chapter end, or any number of minutes.
- easily search and browse through thousands of podcasts,
- import from RSS feed,
- import in mass from OPML file,
- check for new episodes in all your podcasts or each individually,
- customize artwork and titles,
- bookmarks fully supported with name, notes, and color,
- specify play order priorities (oldest, newest, next newest, etc) for each podcast,
- specify auto-download settings (limits, wifi-requried, replacement policy) for each podcast,
- specify skip amounts (opening, closing, driving mode) for each podcast.
Playback Speed can be adjusted from slightly faster (10%) to double speed, with lots of options in-between.
- 30-sec skip (or your custom value)
AirPlay support allows redirection of audio output.
Mix audiobooks and podcast episodes in playlist.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pretty Good But Sometimes Buggy
Easy to add books over WiFi and has great bookmarking features. It does sometimes have bugs like when you have a book on pause in the background and sometime later get a call, after the call it will resume the book for no reason and sometimes if you go to the app while its playing in the background it will forget all the progress it has made and restart the book from when you last had the app open loosing all progress you made in the book wether am few minutes or hours.
Advanced bookmarking function is my favorite feature
I tried several different podcast apps and this one best fit my needs.
The most important feature I was looking for was an advanced bookmarking function. As part of my studies, I collect segments of podcasts for future reference, so being able to mark the podcast name, episode, start time, and end time was the most critical. What was also important was the ability to export the bookmarks to a NON-PROPRIETARY format so I can process the information afterwards. This app can export to CSV... perfect. I use this app more than everything else on my phone.
A recently added feature, "Newest Downlaoded"/"Oldest Downloaded" under the play order priorities, is extremely valuable at keeping podcast listening truly hands-free when driving.
Decent but buggy [1yr update]
[1yr update: We got a promise of a big update at least 4 months from this writing. Nothing has improved about the random resume play bug many people are reporting. Also, we're now into Apple's 2nd gen iPhone X display... And this app hasn't need updated to comply. I'm losing faith...]
I listen to audiobook every day on my commute and bookmobile works well for the most part. However, it's a bit buggy... It doesn't seem like it wants to stop playing. After pausing from the lock screen, everytime I wake the phone, it would auto resume. It would also auto resume playing when I open the app from a paused state. I made sure the auto play features are all off. So it's really annoying to find my phone start talking whenever I wake my phone... Also, this app hasn't been updated for the iPhone X screen, yet.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Freshmowed Software
- 60.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Freshmowed Software
- In-App Purchases
- Play Unlimited Audiobooks and Podcasts $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.