From the developer of 'Read by QxMD', 'The ECG Guide' and 'Pedi STAT' comes 'Calculate', a next-generation clinical calculator and decision support tool, freely available to the medical community.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' highlights tools which impact clinical practice either by simplifying diagnosis, clarifying treatment options or displaying prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Point-of-care tools in the areas of cardiology, internal medicine, primary care, nephrology, hematology, hepatology, gastroenterology, emergency medicine, oncology, orthopedics, critical care/ICU, ENT, radiology, rheumatology, mental health, respirology, neurology, pediatrics, infectious disease, neurosurgery, general surgery, vascular surgery, and obstetrics.
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with PubMed & Read integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Imperial units
More than 200 unique calculators and decision support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
• Determine cardiovascular risk using ACC/AHA, Framingham, Gupta and VQI Cardiac Risk Index
• CHADS2 & CHA2DS2-VASc to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Understand bleeding risk in atrial fibrillation using HAS-BLED & OBRI
• TIMI risk score in ACS
• CIWA in alcohol withdrawal
• Rule of 9s & Parkland formula in burns
• Water deficit in hypernatremia
• Timing of surgery with Aortic Stenosis Risk Score
• Risk stratify pneumonia (CURB-65, PORT)
• NIH Stroke Scale in acute stroke
• Imaging in possible subarachnoid hemorrhage with Ottawa SAH Rule
• Cirrhosis (MELD, Child-Pugh)
• Chronic Kidney Disease (Kidney Failure Risk Equation)
• Heart failure
• Lymphoma (NCCN-IPI, IPI24, R-IPI)
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome (IPSS-R, WPSS)
• Myeloma (ISS, R-ISS)
• COPD (Bode)
• Pancreatitis (BISAP, Ranson's)
• Cardiac surgery (Euroscore II, Cleveland Clinic, Mehta)
• Critical care (APACHE II, SOFA)
• Neurologic outcome (DRAGON, CAM-ICU, modified Rankin, FOUR score, Hunt & Hess)
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiography and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-EPI, MDRD & Schwartz
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Breast cancer
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery, vascular surgery and coronary angiography
• Postoperative Respiratory Failure Risk score
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries (NEXUS, Ottawa ankle/knee, Canadian C-spine and CT head rules)
• DVT and PE (PERC, Wells, PESI)
• Pulmonary nodules
• TIA (ABCD2)
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• Head & neck cancers
• TTKG in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
• Sleep disorder (Epworth Sleepiness Scale)
And much, much more...
Researchers, contact us to see your research in our app at email@example.com
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD Software is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
In this version we continued fixing minor bugs, and enhanced the app's performance.
Have questions or concerns? Send us an email at support@QxMD.com
Ratings and Reviews
Great app could be even greater if...
This could be a money maker for the developers if they gave the option for putting a name and date and top and then the ability to print so we can put it in EHR or even better integrate with the ehr and send the results to the ehr. Providers are now getting paid by insurance for administering scales but they must be documented in the chart. I would pay (to a. Retain price point of course) to see that happen. I recently emailed you saying something similar. I have notable experiences as a user interface tester for an ehr and can provide assistance if you need a consultant a few hours a month. -DanielleZ
Easy to navigate
I like it! If I would change one thing, I'd make it easier to clear current inputs and start over, especially for trending labs ovee
Highly recommend it great interface provides references and ranges with links to original literature related to certain score.
- QxMD Software Inc.
- 50.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 QxMD Software Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.