CDTA's Navigator is your passport to exploring the Capital Region! Our new secure, reloadable smart cards mobile apps are making transit smarter, faster and better than ever!
More Convenience – Navigator allows you to load products on your mobile phone anytime.
More Security – When registered, your Navigator balance is protected if the card or mobile device is lost or stolen.
Daily Cap (Best Fare) – Pay As You Go automatically charges the “best fare” ($1.30), so you never pay more than the cost of a day pass ($3.90).
More Rewards – Customer loyalty will be rewarded with special offers, discounts, contests, and promotions. The more you ride the more you receive.
Faster Boarding – Smart cards and mobile tickets will expedite boarding, leading to quicker trips to get you where you need to go
For more help please go to : https://www.cdta.org/navigator-app-questions
- Barcode Scanning issue Fixed and Implemented Shadow view for Barcode Screen. Users can now zoom and enlarge the QR code image.
- Auto-Brightness feature for Barcode Screen
- Three digits Route numbers truncating issue Fixed
- Purchase date and activation count content updated
- Removed the unassigned button from Account Information page
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not sure what happened as I used this app quite frequently over the summer to plan trips and see arrival times and it worked fine, but trip planner suddenly isn’t working at all. App hasn’t been updated in nine months so that could be the problem especially with a new ios running on my phone.
Even the bus drivers hate this app!
My husband had to start going back to the office after 11 years working from home and starting taking the bus. The first day the bus driver told him he hates when riders try to use the app. That says everything!
Three areas need improvement:
1) The payment app. It’s not easy to figure out that you can’t get a barcode until you are ready to ride and even then you have to be careful. Too soon it could expire, too late and you are holding up the bus.
2) Real time bus tracking doesn’t work. He got to the bus stop at the time it was supposed to arrive and the app updated to show a bus 11 minutes away. Then one showed up 4 minutes later.
3) Trip planning. The previous version the address search found addresses all over the world (areas you don’t serve CDTA). That was bad but now you can only find stop names...no addresses are found. If you find a stop name by typing a street, it doesn’t tell you what city the stop is in. Don’t you realize that there are State Streets, Broadway and Main are pretty much in every city you serve?
Very disappointed with this app. Please try harder this is needed and you can do better.
Barcodes not scanning, again
It seems every time this app gets updated, the barcodes stop working. Now the barcode shows up too small and the app says to click the barcode to enlarge, and it enlarges ever so slightly, and still does not scan. The app was finally back to scanning correctly and now my money is being wasted yet again. Bus drives also don’t realize that if you’re scanning your phone, you’ve essentially already paid so they should be aware that they should let you on if the machines are not scanning.
- Capital District Transportation Authority
- 47.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Capital District Transportation Authority
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.