Download Chargeway®, the first electric car charging app that is personalized to your driving needs. Car & Driver Magazine proclaims, “Chargeway is absolutely game changing as it cuts through the clutter.”
Chargeway® makes driving an electric car and using “electric fuel” easy for everyone. Simply choose your vehicle and Chargeway® will answer the questions that all drivers want to know when they need to re-fuel:
- Where do I fill up?
- How long does it take?
- Where can I travel to?
Chargeway® guides drivers to charging stations throughout the United States from networks including Greenlots, EVgo, SemaConnect, EVConnect, Chargepoint, Flo, Blink, OpConnect, Electrify America, AeroVironment, Volta, GE Wattstation and Tesla. Designed with the individual driver in mind, Chargeway® simplifies the electric car charging experience ensuring that you see only the stations that work for your car. Features include:
- Plug specific color-coding so you know which stations match your car (Green, Blue or Red)
- Power levels 1 through 7 show your vehicle and stations max charging speed
- Automatic station location map filtering for the vehicles you choose
- Easy to adjust filters for station power levels and networks you want to use
- Add reviews and photos to stations that you visit
- See shops and restaurants near a station that you can enjoy while you charge
- One-click directions to help you get to any station location
- Charging time estimator to help you learn how charging time can vary
- Simply select the power level and your remaining range to estimate how much time your charge will take
- If you have more than one electric car, simply swipe left or right change vehicles
- Chargeway® detects the fastest route and charging station locations for your trip
- Set the outside temperature and your desired speed for more accurate planning
- Add in multiple stops between your starting point and destination for custom routes
- Charging times for every stop are estimated to help you plan your time better
- Select "All Stations" on planned trips to view every charging option along your route
- If a certain route doesn’t have enough stations Chargeway® will let you know so you can choose another route
- Click the vehicle image or name on the Stations screen to see more info
- Adjust your vehicles total range to more accurately plan trips and estimate charging times
- Technical specifications for each car listed under "More Info"
- Add more vehicles to your account by swiping all the way to the left
There are numerous electric cars available today that are perfect for every day driving as well as traveling. Download Chargeway® to discover how driving on “electric fuel” will work for you!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Another EV app made by ICE drivers?
There are so many EV apps out there that miss the mark, as if they’ve never actually lived with an EV. Thanks for having the odd ball 500e in the system, but hard coding the milage to the fixed rates is totally wrong. We know if you use AC, drive in cooler weather, go up hill, etc that range will be impacted. This makes your trip planner over estimate a route. You’d also know that getting sub 5% in most EVs leads to reduced performance mode and erratic estimations. Further, the green/blue/red just complicates things. Blue means CCS and Chademo? Two incompatible systems jammed into one icon.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Every EVs EPA rated range with Chargeway can be updated within the vehicle details screen. Simply tap the vehicle name from the station map screen and then tap the vehicles listed range to adjust it if desired. This is very helpful for older EVs that have had some range loss over time.
Within Trip Planner, much of the details you described that affect range are calculated when you adjust the the temperature and speed for your trip. Adjusting temp/speed will automatically update the vehicles estimated maximum range. You can also choose to simply use the new range you have manually set for your vehicle.
Regarding color codes for connector types, it is very simple:
- Green: J1772 (AC) and CCS (DC)
- Blue: CHAdeMO (DC only)
- Red: Tesla (AC and DC)
Once you select your vehicle the charging map is automatically coded to your vehicles plug color. The simple number associated with each station then show the max power level available at that location. If you have any additional questions please e-mail our team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Really nice app for locating chargers. I can't wait to see the ability to submit reviews in the app for sites and it would be neat if the app sees I am by “Charger XYZ” and that there are two cars plugged in there and those owners use the app too if I could message asking how long they might be or if I see they are full to let them know I was unplugging them. Just a way to communicate that wouldn’t share phone or email and just would let you “see” vehicles at the same charge site as you. I love the way it labels chargers simply with a colour and number. Some non-network stations are not yet in here but if people submit missing ones this app can be very complete.
What any EV owner needs
Go in to any EV community and you hear lots of talk about amperage, volts, KWH etc. I understand some of it, I can appreciate those who want to really dive in to the technology side of EVs, but as someone who just wants to own a car that I don’t need to think about this has been perfect. When I fill up a gas car, I don’t think about what octane means in terms of BTU and energy output, I say “$20 of regular”. That experience is what I’m getting here. Really hoping more EV car companies support this model, it just makes sense.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.