EV Charging Simplified
Designed for iPhone
Download Chargeway®, the first electric car charging app that is personalized to your driving needs. Car & Driver Magazine proclaims, “Chargeway is absolutely game changing as it cuts through the clutter.”
Chargeway® makes driving an electric car and using “electric fuel” easy for everyone. Simply choose your vehicle and Chargeway® will answer the questions that all drivers want to know when they need to re-fuel:
- Where do I fill up?
- How long does it take?
- Where can I travel to?
Chargeway® guides drivers to charging stations throughout the United States from networks including Greenlots, EVgo, SemaConnect, EVConnect, Chargepoint, Flo, Blink, OpConnect, Electrify America, AeroVironment, Volta, GE Wattstation and Tesla. Designed with the individual driver in mind, Chargeway® simplifies the electric car charging experience ensuring that you see only the stations that work for your car. Features include:
- Plug specific color-coding so you know which stations match your car (Green, Blue or Red)
- Power levels 1 through 7 show your vehicle and stations max charging speed
- Automatic station location map filtering for the vehicles you choose
- Easy to adjust filters for station power levels and networks you want to use
- Add reviews and photos to stations that you visit
- See shops and restaurants near a station that you can enjoy while you charge
- One-click directions to help you get to any station location
- Charging time estimator to help you learn how charging time can vary
- Simply select the power level and your remaining range to estimate how much time your charge will take
- If you have more than one electric car, simply swipe left or right change vehicles
- Chargeway® detects the fastest route and charging station locations for your trip
- Set the outside temperature and your desired speed for more accurate planning
- Add in multiple stops between your starting point and destination for custom routes
- Charging times for every stop are estimated to help you plan your time better
- Select "All Stations" on planned trips to view every charging option along your route
- If a certain route doesn’t have enough stations Chargeway® will let you know so you can choose another route
- Click the vehicle image or name on the Stations screen to see more info
- Adjust your vehicles total range to more accurately plan trips and estimate charging times
- Technical specifications for each car listed under "More Info"
- Add more vehicles to your account by swiping all the way to the left
There are numerous electric cars available today that are perfect for every day driving as well as traveling. Download Chargeway® to discover how driving on “electric fuel” will work for you!
Ratings and Reviews
Really nice app for locating chargers. I can't wait to see the ability to submit reviews in the app for sites and it would be neat if the app sees I am by “Charger XYZ” and that there are two cars plugged in there and those owners use the app too if I could message asking how long they might be or if I see they are full to let them know I was unplugging them. Just a way to communicate that wouldn’t share phone or email and just would let you “see” vehicles at the same charge site as you. I love the way it labels chargers simply with a colour and number. Some non-network stations are not yet in here but if people submit missing ones this app can be very complete.
Great App and easy to use
I am new to the EV world. And I did not know how much goes into planning a trip with an EV. I downloaded Chargeway to play and plan random trips. The color codes (red for Tesla) made it super easy to find charging stations along the route, and green for other chargers with the adapter (something that the Tesla does not find). So far I planned trips to Lake Tahoe, the Grand Canyon and an excursion through the State of Oregon. I would recommend Chargeway to anyone that is new to the EV community or thinking about joining. Great App!
Doesn’t work in CarPlay
Looks good on my iPhone, although I haven’t had time yet to really test it. But since it opens with a blank screen on my Bolt EUV, it’s not very useful for a travel app.
Update after the developer response. Changed from 2 stars to 4. Apparently, they didn’t read what I wrote. I said it was blank in Car Play. Not just no chargers. No map, no nothing.
Anyway, I tried again a few days later and it seemed to work OK as far as displaying information. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet on a trip.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. This certainly doesn't sound right. The first thing to check if your vehicle is loading correctly on the map but you are not seeing any charging stations is to allow Chargeway to see your location in the app settings. This will ensure charging stations appear on the map, otherwise station data will not appear. If you have any additional questions please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chargeway LLC
- 12.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Chargeway LLC