Download our "Chess King Learn" app and study all courses in the same app.
This teaching program is a kind of guide. It will introduce you to the rules and laws of chess and let you work your way of improvement from the level of Beginner to the one of Club Player.
In the course 100 chess topics are considered including rules of chess game; methods of playing in opening, middle game and ending; combinational techniques and basic elements of strategy. All in all, the course contains 500 teaching examples and 700 exercises useful for consolidation of acquired knowledge.
This course is in the series Chess King Learn, which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
The program also contains a theoretical section, which explains the methods of the game in a certain stage of the game, based on actual examples. The theory is presented in an interactive way, which means you can not only read the text of the lessons, but also to make moves on the board and work out unclear moves on the board.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1. Your first move
1.1. The board
1.2. The simplest endings
1.3. Some basic concepts
1.4. How to start a game
1.5. The Opening
1.8. Chess composition
1.9. Short games and traps
1.10. History of chess
1.11. How to use mistakes
1.12. How would you play here
2. Chess: from beginner to club player
2.1. The board
2.2. The simplest endings
2.3. Some basic concepts
2.4. Short games and traps
2.7. Chess composition
2.8. How to use mistakes
2.9. How would you play here
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
These are like real game problems. You are not sure what type of advantage you might get in the situation that is presented. This gives you practice that you would get in crucial situations in a game.
Good App but needs some tweaks.
First let me say I am about 1/3 of the way thru this app. this app has improved my game from”wood pusher” to seeing tactical situations and I expect to continue to improve. I will definitely continue to buy more advanced apps as I improve. However; first of all it needs some text explaining the procedures, charts and numbers though after a week I began to figure it out. (Admittedly I’m a senior). Second, when doing combination practices it has several sections oftypes that weren’t covered in the theory section. So it is frustrating trying to figure out why a move is marked as wrong because it doesn’t match what the A.I. Is looking for. Still I would recommend this app for beginners and early intermediates looking to improve their game.
Great way to learn the game.
This app is helpful at what it’s supposed to do.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 47.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited version $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.