This course is an interactive tutorial for those unexperienced players, both children and adults, who have already learnt the rules of chess and now wish to become players of intermediate strength.
This course covers a wide range of opening, middlegame and endgame subjects. It starts off by teaching you how to checkmate the lone king and proceeds to more advanced topics, such as utilizing a material or positional advantage. This program includes 55 lessons with more than 1200 instructive examples and exercises.
This course turns a beginner into an intermediate player!
This course is in the series Chess King Learn, which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
The program also contains a theoretical section, which explains the methods of the game in a certain stage of the game, based on actual examples. The theory is presented in an interactive way, which means you can not only read the text of the lessons, but also to make moves on the board and work out unclear moves on the board.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1. Utilizing a decisive material advantage
1.1. Mating with major pieces
1.2. Mating with a rook
1.3. Mating with a queen
1.4. Mating with two bishops
1.5. Mating with bishop and knight (king is on the edge)
1.6. Mating with bishop and knight (king is in the center)
1.7. Mating with two knights
1.8. Different kinds of large material advantage
1.9. How to solve chess problems
2. The three stages of a chess game
2.1. How to play in the opening
2.2. Quick mobilization of forces
2.3. Fighting for the center
2.4. Harmonius pawn structure
2.5. What to do after the opening?
2.6. About endgame
2.7. Basic endgame rules
3. Basic pawn endings
3.1. The rule of the square
3.2. More about the rule of the square
3.3. The king helps the pawn
3.5. The key squares
4. The fundamentals of chess tactics
4.1. Tactical methods
4.2. Combination and its components
4.3. Double attack
4.4. Knight and pawn forks
4.5. Exploiting a pin
4.6. How to fight against pins
4.7. Discovered attack
4.8. Discovered check
4.10. Double check
4.13. Smothered mate
4.15. Weakness of the back rank
4.16. Square clearance
4.17. Line clearance
4.18. Annihilation of defense
4.20. Intermediate blow
4.21. Intermediate check
4.22. Play for a stalemate
5. Utilizing a material or positional advantage
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
How Gucci(Good) Chess king is
I can’t believe I’m learning chess, thanks to this app. Make more of these, like advanced tactics. I can’t wait to learn the game of chess, so please help me!
-Sebastian Caso Rodriguez, User of Chess king apps
Instruction has me thinking about chess in new ways. Excellent tutor!
Excellent vast depth and ease of use
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 45.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Full course $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.