The hidden gem for musicians, from beginners to pros.
Chord ai is the perfect tool for playing and learning any song. With recent advancements in artificial intelligence, Chord ai provides highly accurate chord recognition, beat tracking, voicing and lyrics for any song instantly and reliably. Say goodbye to tedious web searches for chords and hello to easy access to your favorite songs on YouTube, SoundCloud, your audio files, or even by using your device's microphone. With Chord ai, improve your playing skills and train your ear with numerous features tailored to every level of musician. Try it now and experience the future of music transcription!
** BROWSE ANY SONG **
- You can select any song by browsing your audio files, SoundCloud or YouTube. This is the preferred way and each song will be processed in a few seconds only
- Or you can use your device microphone to get the chords in real-time of any song playing around you, from your own playing / your band's playing, or from any sound coming from your device such as Spotify or Apple Music songs
** CHORD & VOICING RECOGNITION **
- State-of-the-art chord recognition: Chord ai recognizes common chords such as major, minor, augmented, diminished, 7th, M7th, sus2 and sus4 chords. In the pro version, you also get advanced chords such as half-dim, dim7, 6/9/11/13, add9/11/13 and many more complex jazzy and other beautiful chords such as 69, 11b5, 13b9, 9sus4, min7add13 etc.
- Slash Chord Recognition: Chord ai tells you the bass/lowest note of each chord using the slash notation. [Pro version]
- Voicing & Position recognition: Chord ai is the world's first app capable of recognising not only chords, but also their specific voicing. This means that Chord ai can tell you more precisely which notes should be played, including their octaves, and which positions match best with the song [Pro version]
** LYRICS RECOGNITION **
- On-device lyrics recognition using the latest advances in the field of speech recognition. Nearly 100 languages supported including English, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese and many more!
** BEAT TRACKING **
- Chord ai uses state-of-the-art beat tracking algorithms to display chords organised into bars and beats.
** SEPARATION INTO MULTI TRACKS **
- Automatic music separation into 4 stems: Bass / Drums / Vocals / Other
** MIDIFY **
- State-of-the-art audio to midi conversion
- Export midified audio as a midi file
** MUSIC PLAYER AND PLAYLISTS **
- Build your own playlists. Full control over your playlists: you can rename, reorder or edit them at your will.
- Background audio support
- Listen to your music offline
** ADVANCED REPLAY CONTROLS **
- Speed change: Slow down or speed up playback at your wish so that you can play easily along the song
- Pitch shift: Change the pitch of the song to play in your desired key
- Loop: the interface for setting loop start/end points is very simple and intuitive
** SAVE & SHARE **
- Saved songs and playlists are synchronised among all your iOS devices
- Share transcriptions as PDF files. You can control the number of bars per line as well as whether you want to display lyrics and/or positions
** PIANO / GUITAR / UKULELE / BASS / MANDOLIN / BANJO **
- Select your preferred instrument among always growing list of supported instruments
- Smart capo: you can also let Chord ai tell you preferred capo for either easiness of play of song matching [Pro version]
** LEARN NEW AND BEAUTIFUL CHORD POSITIONS **
- Find and learn chords from Chord ai's massive chord positions library (more than 100k guitar positions and more than 10k ukulele positions)
- Positions ranked from easiest and common to most difficult and rare
- Alternate tunings for guitar and ukulele such as Drop D, DADGAD, Open D/G/A/C etc. [Pro version]
Any feedback appreciated at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I have waiting my entire life for an app like this. I am 66 years old. I have played the piano/keyboards since I was 4 years old. I have learned more from this app about how music is structured in a very short time compared to how long I have played. I recently retired and I'm having the time of my life playing along with music I love. This app is wonderfully accurate in transcribing any piece of music into its underlying chord structure. It doesn't matter how complex the music or underlying chords. This app came along at the perfect time to bring my playing to the next level. I love this app! I would highly recommend it to any musician who can play by ear and knows most chords. Even if you don't know all the complex chords that can be played, you will quickly pick up how to play these chords with this app. Don't walk - run to the App Store and download this app. It is worth every penny.
Inconsistent beat markers in 3/4 time
Songs often switch between 1 beat per box to 2 beats per box and back again. As near as I can tell, this happens mainly with blues shuffles and/or 3/4 time. Examples: Everyone Loves an Outlaw’s I Saw Red and Rihanna’s Love on the Brain constantly switch between 3 beats over 3 boxes and 6 beats over 3 boxes. —— Keith Urban’s Blue Aint Your Color starts out as 6 beats over 3 boxes, switches to 3 beats over 3 boxes on line 3, then back to 6 beats per 3 boxes on line 5. —- Chris Stapelton’s Tennessee Whiskey and Ally Venable’s Broken and Blue consistently show 3 beats per 3 boxes until near the end. In Broken and Blue, a few of the last measures show 9 beats over 3 boxes. —- Please come home for Christmas by the Eagles switches up beat boxes and pacing a lot. And Darling Lorraine by The Knockouts seems way off. —- The inconsistent display switching back and forth within a single song, sometimes just for a single measure, is very distracting.
———————- Another bug: sometimes the little wiper that slides across the beats disappears for one or more measures. Personally, I prefer the view without the wiper and would like an option to permanently turn it off. But either way, coming and going during a song is distracting.
Developer Response ,
Hello. Thank you very much for the detailed feedback. The beat tracking algorithm can have some trouble on the 3/4 or 6/8 songs indeed. But we will keep updating our models continuously along with the following updates. Yes, we can consider removing the yellow cursor if you think it's useless and distracting.
Best music app I’ve ever purchased for my iPad
As an amateur who loves to play music, I have gotten fairly good at figuring out melodies, but chords have been very difficult for me to figure out. This is the app that I’ve always been waiting for! It’s amazingly accurate and I really love that it gives you chords for different instruments (keyboard, guitar, bass, etc.).
The other major feature that I absolutely love and use is the un-mix feature that breaks up a song into stems, so you can remove vocals, or remove the music and just hear vocals, etc. Absolutely amazing.
Also, I want to thank the developers for offering a lifetime license. I HATE subscription models and am always willing to pay a fair price up-front that doesn’t require a subscription, and I believe this app is definitely fairly priced.
Lastly, some input about the lyrics feature. Unfortunately, this one is very hit and miss (mostly miss). I wish there was a way to edit the lyrics so that I can have the correct lyrics in the PDF file. Correct lyrics are so easy to find on the internet nowadays, and I would just prefer to be able to enter them manually.
Can’t wait to see what else is in store for this app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nomad AI OU
- 141.6 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 Nomad AI OU
- In-App Purchases
- Chord ai Pro: Monthly $8.99
- Pro: Monthly (family sharing) $14.99
- Pro: Lifetime (family sharing) $250.00
- Pro: Yearly (family sharing) $99.99
- Chord ai Pro: Yearly $59.99
- Chord ai Pro: Lifetime $119.00
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.