Yomi Browser is a web browser that can add furiganas (word pronunciation in latin alphabet or in hiraganas) above each Japanese word. You can also tap each Japanese word to get its definitions in multiple target languages.
Yomi Browser's offline dictionaries provide you with detail information of words, including numerous examples sentences, and kanjis (stroker order, on-yomi, kun-yomi. meaning etc.).
Moreover you can build your own vocabulary lists, or check the prebuilt ones, and use Yomi Browser as a powerful study companion.
• Detailed information about words (~ 200K entries) and kanjis (on-yomi, kun-yomi, meaning, stroke order, compounds etc.)
• Huge database of example sentences (> 250K) built from numerous sources
• More than 20 target languages available, such as English, French, German, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Hungarian, Chinese, Dutch, Slovene, Swedish etc.
• For advanced learners and natives: an extensive Japanese-Japanese dictionary
• Listen to the Japanese pronunciation of words and example sentences through the "Speak" function
• Build vocabulary lists of Japanese words, kanjis or sentences (which you can share as files or text in many ways)
• Browse the numerous pre-built kanji and word lists, ordered by JLPT levels, school grades and topics
STUDY WITH FLASHCARDS:
• You can learn words in a fun way with flashcards. Pick up any deck from your own lists and history, then start learning them with flashcards
• Everyday, a new deck is built based on your learning statistics in order to optimise your memorising power
We are very responsive to your feed-back and suggestions: email@example.com
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Most seamless furigana and definitions lookup you could imagine
This is easily the best app (far better than safari plugins/extensions) I've come across. Absolutely seamlessly view furigana and/or definitions while browsing. Only downside I can see is it's somewhat lacking as a standalone browser, no tabs, browser settings, etc. But as a learning tool to read native content, absolutely unbeatable. Worth the price and then some.
Ideal tool to learn real world Japanese
This helps me read websites written for Japanese people instead of just educational texts. Really well done
Not yet operable…
It does not properly identify and handle many links in articles. The definition window often appears out of the screen area, so definitions of words can’t be seen in their entirety. The flashcard system is unusable. Instead of saving the word, it saves a link to the article. I’d like to support Japanese language learning tools similar to this one, but not ones that are far from complete and operable.
Developer Response ,
Hello. Thank you very much for the detailed feedback. We will try to update the app soon addressing your concerns! If you want to provide us with more details (screenshots) at firstname.lastname@example.org, that would also be really helpful.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nomad AI OU
- 122.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Nomad AI OU 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime use $7.99