Civil War: 1864 12+
HexWar Games Ltd
- Offers In-App Purchases
Civil War: 1864 is the latest addition to our Civil War strategy series, bringing you the ferocious battles from 1864. Experience the American Civil War like never before with with over 40 missions; including 20 detailed historical battles. Get a greater view of the battlefield as you lead your force to victory, with our new Map Zoom feature.
1864 saw the Union army make substantial gains against the Confederate forces in the American Civil War. Grant, replacing Halleck, took the risky gamble of attacking the Confederates on three different fronts. While Grant failed to gain any significant tactical advantage in any battle against Robert E. Lee, he succeeded at depleting Lee's forces. On the Western front, Sherman was able to capture Atlanta and seize Savannah. The Union's control of the railways and waterways gave them an immense logistical advantage, which would become vital to the North's eventual success. The Confederacy was ultimately fighting and losing a defensive war.
Key Game Features:
● New map zoom feature.
● High Definition Civil War Graphics.
● 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
● 4 Mission abstract 'Division' campaign.
● 7 Mission 'Cold Steel' campaign.
● All missions can be played as both sides (except the tutorial).
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Strategic Movement.
● Hours of Gameplay.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad).
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 7 Mission 'Duty and Pride' campaign.
● 7 Mission Blockade campaign.
● 7 Mission 'Freedom Calls' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Road to Atlanta' campaign.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.
Change: The bonus 'To War!' Campaign is now available to all players without requiring an email registration.
Fix: Some sound effects not playing following the last update.
Ratings and Reviews
I love the mechanics of the game, the levels are fun and challenging, and I’ve never had a glitch with this game. I’m just confused why we only get 2 campaigns and the rest are paid. I can appreciate the free bonus mission, but I feel this game would be much better with the addition of more free content.
11 missions not 40.
I didn't expect to hit a paywall after 11 missions when the first paragraph says "experience over 40 missions with no mention that you only get 11 . When I got to mission 12 it wanted more $$'s. Not only that a total of four additional payments to get to "over 40" would be required. It's not about the amount but the principle. I'm guessing I'm not the only person that got hoodwinked not seeing the conflicting wording. Other than that it's a good game.
Not 40…Ok, but NO Buy All Option
I’m not a fan of “nickel and dime-ing” gamers. Make a Pro version or offer a buy all option at a discount . I’d be more interested with something like that, but pay to play is too political for me. It just peaves me off.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 315.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Duty and Pride Campaign $1.99
- Blockade Campaign $1.99
- Freedom Calls Campaign $1.99
- Road to Atlanta Campaign $1.99