Civil War: 1864 is the latest addition to our Civil War strategy series, bringing you the ferocious battles from 1864. Experience the American Civil War like never before with with over 40 missions; including 20 detailed historical battles. Get a greater view of the battlefield as you lead your force to victory, with our new Map Zoom feature.
1864 saw the Union army make substantial gains against the Confederate forces in the American Civil War. Grant, replacing Halleck, took the risky gamble of attacking the Confederates on three different fronts. While Grant failed to gain any significant tactical advantage in any battle against Robert E. Lee, he succeeded at depleting Lee's forces. On the Western front, Sherman was able to capture Atlanta and seize Savannah. The Union's control of the railways and waterways gave them an immense logistical advantage, which would become vital to the North's eventual success. The Confederacy was ultimately fighting and losing a defensive war.
Key Game Features:
● New map zoom feature.
● High Definition Civil War Graphics.
● 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
● 4 Mission abstract 'Division' campaign.
● 7 Mission 'Cold Steel' campaign.
● All missions can be played as both sides (except the tutorial).
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Strategic Movement.
● Hours of Gameplay.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad).
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 7 Mission 'Duty and Pride' campaign.
● 7 Mission Blockade campaign.
● 7 Mission 'Freedom Calls' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Road to Atlanta' campaign.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Some line of sight issues from high hill hexes across lower hill hexes.
Change: Improved map zoom.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love the mechanics of the game, the levels are fun and challenging, and I’ve never had a glitch with this game. I’m just confused why we only get 2 campaigns and the rest are paid. I can appreciate the free bonus mission, but I feel this game would be much better with the addition of more free content.
3 out of 5
Only because the games glitch a lot. Other than that.....love them. Make pass and play!
I like the game but I just payed for it and I still have to pay to unlock more levels so y
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 331.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Duty and Pride Campaign $1.99
- Blockade Campaign $1.99
- Freedom Calls Campaign $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.