Comet is the ultimate way to browse reddit. Fast, yet beautiful. Functionally robust, but remarkably intuitive. With a forward looking iOS-compliant design and navigation, zero corporate meddling, and advanced alien technology, it's the most sophisticated reddit app to date.
With hundreds of individually crafted features, no corner of Comet has been left unloved. Here are few of the highlights:
DISCOVER NEW CONTENT:
- Beautiful post layouts bring content to life
- Autoplay gifs inline
- Infinitely scroll through subreddits
- Collapse and expand comments with a tap or a slide
- Scroll infinitely without hiccup
- Full markdown support
- Search reddit posts and subreddits
- Intuitively filter search
- View pictures, loop gifs, and watch videos all without leaving the app
- Save and share quickly
READ AND REPLY:
- Keep your inbox in check with swipe actions
- Read and reply to comments and private messages
- Compose messages, comments, and posts with a remarkably robust markdown editor
- Upload images to imgur.com for use in posts and comments
SUBSCRIBE AND SITBACK:
- Manage all of your subreddit subscriptions with a single tap
- Maintain a list of favorite subreddits across devices
- Unified list of subreddits, multireddits, and users
THEME TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT:
- Pick from five beautifully detailed themes (White, Dark, Black, Blue, and Sepia)
- Switch between four post layouts (Super Compact, Titles, Thumbnails, Previews)
- Customize over 30+ app settings
MORE ACCOUNTS LESS PROBLEMS:
- Add an unlimited amount of accounts
- View your upvoted, downvoted, gilded, and saved posts
- Manage hidden posts
- Tag users across reddit
- Subscribe to users
FEATURES FROM THE FUTURE:
- Timetravel by swiping on the bottom bar
- Quickly jump to any subreddit from anywhere by tapping the large title
New features are added all the time so make sure to stay updated by subscribing to r/Comet.
- You can now zoom in on gifs in the media player
- Added optional action bar for messages and notifications (On by default)
- New action sheet that allows scrolling
- Thumbnail cells that are self-posts no longer allow tapping of the thumbnail
- Vastly increased the size of the more button touch area
- Added “Homage” app icon by /u/iamwingyt thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but a very annoying problem
The ui and smoothness of this app is great but there's one thing that makes this app really annoying for me. There's no option to disable the swipe to upvote function, which is especially annoying when viewing comments because I can't swipe back to the previous screen without readjusting my grip to reach the very edge of the screen. Also there is no feature to rearrange subreddits for quicker access which I use everyday in Apollo. If these two things are fixed this would be my favorite app.
Edit: they implemented full screen swipe back so that fixes that problem! Still can't rearrange subreddits.
Developer Response ,
The latest update added customizable swipe actions and a full screen swipe back! Hopefully that helps with your use case.
I’m looking into expanding on how Comet handles favorites. I’ve gotten quite a few suggestions wanting sortable and more accessible favorites. I’ll keep you updated!
The New King
I’ve tried them all, literally every current Reddit client on the App Store. I switched back and forth between Narwhal and Apollo for the longest time; but no more.
Comet looks and feels like a native iOS app. It’s not feature filled like the others, but it has everything you need in a Reddit client. It also not riddled with bugs like the competition. Plus, ad-free for free? What modern app gives you quality and no ads for free?
I absolutely love this app. It’s the best client I’ve found. The only annoying things I faced is that the 3 dots, on the top right corner of my screen, never seem to work on the first try. Further the edit button in the subreddit page doesn’t seem to work. Apart from that I love the app and have shifted to it from the default reddit app.
Oh also, the app is FREE with no IAPs and has NO ads.
- Aaron Kovacs
- 36.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Aaron Kovacs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.