This Control4 app is specifically designed to be used with Control4 Smart Homes running OS 3. It turns your iPhone or iPad into your personal user interface to control all your smart home devices.
NOTE: Prior to using this app, your Control4 system must be updated to Control4 Smart Home OS 3 or later. If you are unsure of the software version on your system, check with your Control4 Dealer or login to your Control4 account at control4.com.
Smart Home OS 3 was thoughtfully redesigned to make it more personal and the smart home OS of choice for families. It enables you to check on the status and control your entire smart home including music, video, lights, thermostats, security system, cameras, door locks, garage doors, pools, and much more.
New features in OS 3
• Favorites give you fast access to the devices and sources that you use most
• Quickly personalize the interface right from the app
• Each room can have its own favorites for fast access to the things you use most
• Hide icons that are less important, but easily access them through the room menu
• Swipe between favorite rooms to quickly navigate around the home
• Filtering lets you see all lights, locks and shades, or just those that are on, unlocked or open
• All-new Active Media Bar shows what’s currently playing and gives you fast control of media
• Easily adjust volume through a new, intuitive volume slider control
• Background wallpapers for each room can now be easily changed right from the app
Visit Control4.com to learn more, find a showroom near you, or find a Smart Home Professional.
- Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve had Control4 in my house for over 10 years, and honestly I’d hate to live without it. This new update makes life even easier and more convenient.
The intercom feature is a favorite. I use it many times a day to communicate with my kids if they are in a different part of the house, and also when I’m out running errands I can check in with them even using the intercom since they don’t have cell phones. It’s great to be able broadcast throughout the house or call individual rooms.
I like being able to see who is at my front door and to communicate with them without opening the door or even being at home.
I love being able to turn all the lights off at the same time, or create different light scenes for waking up or at bedtime.
Perhaps it makes me a bit lazier, but I prefer to say Control4 allows me to use my time more efficiently. Great job on this newest update.
Really a 4.5 review. I do love the system but a few tweaks needed to be a true 5. New interface is nice and much more interactive. Connecting to music still too slow though. And currently can’t connect to my ADT security system which is annoying because of how I had it all installed in my home that setting the alarm currently is very difficult. Hoping my tech can fix that soon. And when is the app on an Apple Watch going to work again?
Finally something to be excited about
This latest version of the mobile app is a huge improvement over the previous. The interface feels more modern and polished. The ability to customize each room with your favorites is a game changer.
- 159.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2019 Control4 Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.