Control your home's window coverings from the convenience of your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. The PowerView® App provides intelligent operation of popular Hunter Douglas window coverings. Adjust your window coverings to manage incoming light and energy usage throughout your home with the tap of a button or through automated operation. The app merges seamlessly with your connected lifestyle to provide a level of convenience and ease for your automated window coverings.
• Control Hunter Douglas motorized window coverings, individually or in groups, throughout your entire home.
• Quickly and easily navigate the app using built-in tabs: Dashboard, Rooms, Scenes, and Schedules.
• Add favorite Scenes, Shades, and Schedules to your Dashboard, so they appear first whenever you open the app.
• Create customized shade position settings called "Scenes" for convenience, or to manage your natural lighting and privacy needs throughout the day.
• Put your Scenes in motion using Schedules. Easily program your Scenes to activate automatically at different times of day to deliver the look and comfort you want, without you having to press a button. Configure Schedules to occur at a specific time, or based on unique Sunrise and Sunset times in your specific location.
• Easily enable or disable Schedules, so that your blinds take the day off when you do.
• Manage your Home from anywhere with RemoteConnect™. This requires a PowerView® Gateway, an Internet connection, and initial in-home setup.
If you need help or have a question, email us at PowerView@hunterdouglas.com or call 1-844-PWR-VIEW (US), 1-800-265-8000 (Canada).
● Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Powerview - Wow!
I have been wanting these Window coverings for the last five years and finally my husband bought them for me for my birthday!
The functionality of the Powerview app is unbelievably practical. I can close the shades to block out the UV rays of the afternoon sun, open them later and totally close the shades for the evening-all automatically. I don’t have to even think about it. Save a lot of $$ on air conditioning bill too! In addition, it gives the house an “I’m at home “ look when we are away for a few days.
In short, this function on my beautiful window treatments is not only easy to operate, practical and functional, it it a home safety feature too!
Worst purchase experience ever
I ordered 3 blinds in November and one of them still doesn’t work at the end of March. At the first install they never sent the mounting brackets. At the second install they were the wrong mounting brackets. At the third attempt they sent the wrong mounting brackets again. Finally my dealer mounted them without any brackets which is nearly impossible to get level so my blinds will never be perfect. The hub they sent failed to update itself and had to be returned to two months to send a new one. Then we noticed one of the blinds had the wrong bottom bar type and didn’t match the other two. Then one of the motors failed to program and it took three months for Hunter Douglas to send a new one. When the new motor arrived it worked at first and when I linked it to the PowerView app it lost the program stops and now I’m told it has to be returned to the factory again to be reset.
I have a customer service call record it would take days to read. Half the representatives are nice and helpful the other half refused to help me and just tell me this the dealers job call your dealer.
Terrible business model. Stay away from PowerView blinds at all costs.
Great app, despite occasional inconsistencies
I have had 11 Hunter-Douglas PowerView shades for the past 4 months, and added a 12th just last week. I’m an app developer, and I’ve been impressed with everything Hunter-Douglas got right: the UI is especially intuitive, and for the most part, the app and especially the shades have been rock-solid reliable.
However — there’s a continuing issue with the app occasionally not setting the scene data in the hub correctly. It appears as if the scene data can somehow get corrupted between creating/modifying a scene, and then transmitting that scene data to be stored in the hub.
This issue was verified when Hunter-Douglas’ superb support technician guided me to slightly change the scene data, causing it to be written out to the hub again. That solved my problem.
As an app developer it appears to be an initialization or corruption issue, which could be tracked down by embedding more data validation into the app. I might suggest the data be checksummed and the checksum be stored both in the app and on the hub. That way, any degradation of data could be automatically detected and perhaps the issue could be found and corrected.
All that said, the above issue is mostly a temporary frustration: the product has been a pleasure to work with, and now that HomeKit is supported, I can ask Siri to invoke any scene.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, specifically about setting Scene data in the Hub. We always design with the intent to provide you with the best experience possible, and will certainly take your feedback into consideration for future updates.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hunter Douglas Window Fashions, Inc.
- 215.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hittite, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Hunter Douglas