Control your home's window coverings from the convenience of your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. The PowerView® App provides intelligent operation of popular Hunter Douglas window coverings. Adjust your window coverings to manage incoming light and energy usage throughout your home with the tap of a button or through automated operation. The app merges seamlessly with your connected lifestyle, including compatibility with Apple HomeKit and the Home App, to provide a level of convenience and ease for your automated window coverings.
This app requires a Hunter Douglas PowerView® Hub for operation. Don’t have one? Use our "Demo" feature to explore the PowerView® App experience.
* Control Hunter Douglas motorized window coverings, individually or in groups, throughout your entire home.
* Quickly and easily navigate the app using built-in tabs: Dashboard, Rooms, Scenes, and Automations.
* Add favorite Scenes, Shades, and Automations to your Dashboard, so they appear first whenever you open the app.
* Create customized shade position settings called "Scenes" for convenience, or to manage your natural lighting and privacy needs throughout the day.
* Put your Scenes in motion using Automations. Schedule your Scenes to activate automatically at different times of day to deliver the look and comfort you want, without you having to press a button. Configure Automations to occur at a specific time, or based on unique Sunrise and Sunset times in your specific location.
* Easily enable or disable Automations, so that your blinds take the day off when you do.
* Manage Scenes and Automations from anywhere with RemoteConnect™. This requires an Internet connection and initial in-home setup.
If you need help or have a question, email us at PowerView@hunterdouglas.com or call 1-844-PWR-VIEW (US), 1-800-265-8000 (Canada).
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Powerview - Wow!
I have been wanting these Window coverings for the last five years and finally my husband bought them for me for my birthday!
The functionality of the Powerview app is unbelievably practical. I can close the shades to block out the UV rays of the afternoon sun, open them later and totally close the shades for the evening-all automatically. I don’t have to even think about it. Save a lot of $$ on air conditioning bill too! In addition, it gives the house an “I’m at home “ look when we are away for a few days.
In short, this function on my beautiful window treatments is not only easy to operate, practical and functional, it it a home safety feature too!
Great app, despite occasional inconsistencies
I have had 11 Hunter-Douglas PowerView shades for the past 4 months, and added a 12th just last week. I’m an app developer, and I’ve been impressed with everything Hunter-Douglas got right: the UI is especially intuitive, and for the most part, the app and especially the shades have been rock-solid reliable.
However — there’s a continuing issue with the app occasionally not setting the scene data in the hub correctly. It appears as if the scene data can somehow get corrupted between creating/modifying a scene, and then transmitting that scene data to be stored in the hub.
This issue was verified when Hunter-Douglas’ superb support technician guided me to slightly change the scene data, causing it to be written out to the hub again. That solved my problem.
As an app developer it appears to be an initialization or corruption issue, which could be tracked down by embedding more data validation into the app. I might suggest the data be checksummed and the checksum be stored both in the app and on the hub. That way, any degradation of data could be automatically detected and perhaps the issue could be found and corrected.
All that said, the above issue is mostly a temporary frustration: the product has been a pleasure to work with, and now that HomeKit is supported, I can ask Siri to invoke any scene.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, specifically about setting Scene data in the Hub. We always design with the intent to provide you with the best experience possible, and will certainly take your feedback into consideration for future updates.
Convenience I Didn’t Know I Needed!
I just don’t understand the negative reviews I’ve read. Maybe they’re really old? This app works so well now. Note the overall star rating. This app is SO COOL. I can time scenes to adjust my shades at certain times of day, I can use my google home mini (or Alexa) to control my shades with voice commands, all in all this is a cool cool app. It’s so convenient not to have to walk around the home and adjust shades manually at morning or at night. And if I forgot to close or open shades after I’ve left home, I can do it from anywhere with this app. Get a PowerView hub and have some fun. Love showing off this system to all my friends and family!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hunter Douglas Window Fashions, Inc.
- 221.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Hunter Douglas
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.