The hallmark tool of the Count the Kicks public health campaign empowers expectant parents to track their babies’ movements daily in the third trimester of pregnancy. Research shows a change in fetal movement can be the earliest and sometimes only indication that a baby is in distress in utero.
Count the Kicks app features include:
• The ability to download and send kick counting data directly from the app
• Available in 10 languages: Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Hindi, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, and Vietnamese
• "Baby save" stories within the app and the ability for users to submit a baby save story directly from the app
• The ability to share kick session results directly on the users' social media page
• Login via social media or accounts such as Google or Microsoft
• Daily interactive and educational messages that appear after a kick session has been saved
• An optional finish survey for users to inform us of their experience using the app and the outcome of their pregnancy
• Notifications to remind users to count kicks, and reminders set for 24/48/72 hours and one week since last kick session
Welcome to our new app!
- Bug fixes
- Performance enhancements
- Added ability to continue previous kick sessions
Ratings and Reviews
My first child, Wyatt, passed away 8 days after birth. I noticed he stopped kicking when in the womb and went into the doctors office for a non-stress test at 37 weeks. I had an emergency c section because the doctors noticed his heart rate was very low. Unfortunately that didn’t save his life. He survived for 8 days before passing. I am now pregnant with my 2nd child and this app has been really helpful in keeping track of time and the number of kicks. It has relieved a lot of stress.
Easy to Use, Takes Forever to Load
I downloaded this app after my midwife suggested counting kicks and monitoring baby’s movements to get an idea of baby’s patterns. I like how easy the app is and I like that you can “undo” a kick—very handy feature when you have an overly helpful four-year-old. I do hate that the app takes quite some time to load when you open it, so if you have an idea when you’re going to want to start counting kicks, make sure to open the app a few minutes ahead of time.
Good concept, poor delivery
I love the concept of what the app is trying to do, but I feel like the app itself needs a lot of work. It is constantly logging me out, which is frustrating to have to always be logging back in. When it logs me out, then it creates a new profile when I log back in so I can’t actually track much because there are only a couple count sessions on each profile. I haven’t figured out if I can combine the multiple profiles. I also feel like it operates really slowly to load, to start a session, etc. I want to like this more, but it usually just frustrates me and doesn’t work well.
- Healthy Birth Day, Inc.
- 69.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Healthy Birth Day, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.